Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Gideon Titus

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abeard

Puritan Board Freshman
We are expecting our second child early August this year. A few weeks ago we found out its a boy!

We came up with a few name combinations. Just wondering which one is the favorite on the PB

PS I just read that Gideon means "Destroyer" so we might not use that name ;)

It doesn't really matter what names we like, (personally I don't like any except David and Lucas) it's what you and your wife like and what you and your wife decide that counts. I know you are asking opinions out of interest, however the decision of the PB members should not influence you.

To my knowledge Gideon means warrior, our grandson was given that name.
John Elias was one of the greatest Welsh preachers, so I would go for Gideon Elias.

To my knowledge Gideon means warrior, our grandson was given that name.
John Elias was one of the greatest Welsh preachers, so I would go for Gideon Elias.

Its nice to know there are some other Gideon's out there ;)

I voted for Samuel Alexander. The first was my father's name, and the second that of a close relative. I think 'Jimmy' would be best ...... but it isn't an option in the poll ...... :lol:

Does anyone know of any Malachi's besides the in the bible?

I have heard of a few people called Malachy, a variation of Malachi. It is found n the RC community where parents, of even the priest at the "baptism" name their son after the Irish saint.

Please tell me your wife doesn't want to name your child Malachi or Gideon. If so listen to her. ;)

I have a friend named Malachi.

As for my vote, I say either of the Gideon options or Samuel Alexander. But I definitely concur with Stuart in that I hope none of this sways you one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back