What I've Been Listening to Lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

"I didn't hear about Dio being on it. That's a weird combination."

Yeah ...I thought it sounded like a strange idea at first too. According to what I read, Geoff Tate wanted Dio to sing the part of Dr. X.

I dunno???

I thought she got "whacked" by the psychotic dude(???)

:lol:

You know, I started thinking that after I made the post but I'm not sure. I'd better go listen to the album. It's been awhile. I need to brush up on my metal trivia.

Originally posted by SmokingFlax
Quote:

Yeah ...I thought it sounded like a strange idea at first too. According to what I read, Geoff Tate wanted Dio to sing the part of Dr. X.

And Dio did sing that part. I think there are a few other guests too. Has anyone heard it?

Robert Plant -- All the King's Horses
Sophie B. Hawkins -- As I Lay Me Down
Allman Brothers -- No One to Run With
The Babys -- Isn't It Time
John Lennon -- Oh My Love
Marc Cohen -- Walking in Memphis
Jefferson Airplane -- Count on Me
Peter Salett -- Heart of Mine
John Denver -- Dreamland Express
Isley Brothers -- This Old Heart of Mine
Jackson Browne -- Running on Empty
Bruce Springsteen -- Hungry Heart
Peter Gabriel -- Sledgehammer
Pogues -- Tuesday Morning
U2 -- One

"Pogues -- Tuesday Morning"

Let me just say that while Tuesday Morning is not a bad song, I think the band should have changed their name after they lost Shane.

i've been listening to lots of jawbreaker... esapecially the "dear you" album... ahhhh... also a comp i made of all of the unreleased and hard to find daniel amos songs... just finished listening to the beatles "let it be naked"...

the beatles "let it be... naked" is the 2003 remix of the original 1969 recordings that made up the album "let it be"... the band never liked the way the original album turned out with all of phil spector's nonsense... so this version is just the band... no studio musicians dubbing muzack over the fab four... it's quite good...

Well, I would definitely seem to be the oddball here, musically speaking. Here's several albums I've been favoring over the last few weeks.

Kind of Blue by Miles Davis
Ken Burns Jazz: Count Basie
Carnegie Hall Concerts January 1943 by Duke Ellington
Soul Call and Three Suites, also by Ellington

Then the odd one out:
The End is Here by Five Iron Frenzy - my best friend introduced me to FIF, and I've grown to like the music quite a bit, even though it does not fit my tastes otherwise.

What have I been listening to recently?
Well, just about everything.

Tonight alone
Led Zeppellin-(whatever I have of his)
Chicago-(every song they put out)
Crhis Rice-Past the Edges, and, Smell the Colour 9
Chris Tomlin-
Mozart-Eine kleine Nachtmusik No13; Concerto for flute & harp in C
Canadien Brass-Canadien Brass Play Bernstein

Recently, besides what I have heard tonight:
Aerosmith-Armegeddon
ACDC
Fellowship, Two Towers, Return of the King Soundtracks
Coldplay
Deep Purple
Eric Clapton
Geroge Winston-Forest
Glen Gould-(everything)

And more, I have a vast selection with over 23GB of music to choose from.

Do any of you fall into moods where you can only listen to certain kinds of music? I find this fairly common although I don't suffer from it....I can listen to King Crimson one minute, then put on Dwight Yoakam and top it off with a little Bruce Hornsby. Is this weird?:sing:

Man I listen to all kinds of music.
folk, rock, country, world music, the ADD in me needs tons of variety.
I listen a lot lately to those kids in Nicklecreek.
One of my sons has me hooked on Mariachi music!

What I am trying to figure out right now is how I NEVER ever heard of Eva Cassidy.
I just heard some of her stuff today in clips on Youtube.com then in samples on the internet. WOW! Some of her blues, some her Beatles tunes, some oldies and her voice is smooth to the point that I can't even describe it. It is haunting. What a gift.
Too bad she died in 1996.

Originally posted by Pilgrim
Originally posted by SmokingFlax
Quote:

And Dio did sing that part. I think there are a few other guests too. Has anyone heard it?

Did you guys know that Ronnie James sang two Christain Songs on Kerry Livgren's first solo Christian album. He sang 'Live for the King' and 'Mask of the Great Deciever'. He has such an awesome voice.
You can only get it on his Decade album if you can still get it.
wikipedia on Livgren It mentions this in the article.

Been listening to Zeppelin's 'The Song Remains the Same' Live Album. and Hymns Triumphant vl. 2.

Originally posted by Puritanhead
Bush - Sixteen Stone - Glycerine

real depressing too...

Ahhh Bush...reminds me of college. Went to their concert at 328 performance hall in Nashville. It's a small venue and it was before they were big. We were up against the barrier next to the stage and it broke way...thought we were going to get crushed. I did walk away with a towel that Gavin dried himself and his guitar off with and tossed into the crowd.

:sing:Memories:sing:

Does anyone here listen to country music?

I still cant seem to figure out why people listen to it. Not apealing to me but whatever.

Originally posted by rmhainlen
Does anyone here listen to country music?

I still cant seem to figure out why people listen to it. Not apealing to me but whatever.

Oh sure. To borrow from The Blues Brothers, I like both kinds of music: Country and Western! ;):sing:

bb75.jpg

Stand by your man...

Move em up (head em up)
Head em up (move em on)
Move em on (head em up)
Rawhide

Originally posted by bradofshaw
I am impressed by the number of metal heads on this board. in my opinion, Operation Mindcrime II is an OK album if you still like that kind of thing and you don't expect it to be the next Operation Mindcrime...

Anyway, I want to play this game too. Over the weekend I've been listening to:

Toad the Wet Sprocket - Dulcinea
Dream Theater - Once in a Livetime
Rush - Counterparts
Spock's Beard - V
Jughead - Jughead
Marillion - Season's End
Extreme II
Gin Blossoms - Congratulations I'm Sorry
Pearl Jam - No Code

I've never heard of Jughead. I absolutely can't stand Pearl Peanut Butter! Don't think I've ever heard anything by Gin Blossoms. The rest is music to my ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back