What is your reading plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeD

Puritan Board Freshman
I am asking for feedback / input on both bible reading and extra biblical reading. At this point I aim to read 5 chapters in the OT, 3 Psalms, 1 Proverb, and 5 chapters in the NT daily. This can vary, sometimes more and sometimes less.

With my desire for book reading (this almost always comes 2nd to bible reading daily), I normally am working through a devotional (currently Morning and Evening, Spurgeon with my wife and then a 40 day devotional of EM Bounds called Powerful and Prayerful Pulpits), a biography (currently finishing up Marriage to a Difficult Man also with my wife), and a theological book (was reading through Religious Affections and just flipped to Desiring God, Piper). I also have found enough time to read a chatper out of the Narnia series to my daughters.

What about you? What has worked best?

My reading plan--whenever I'm alone with a book I want to read, sit down and read until I'm not. :)

I'm not a very organized person, usually...

I need a better one that's all I know!!! I need a reading partner......anyone want to partner with me?? :)

I tend to alternate between two modes: reading the bible and reading other books because I'm not good at multi-tasking! When I'm "reading other books", I read the bible in devotions to help prayer. When I'm "reading the bible", I don't read many other books and I read it straight through at a pace I'm comfortable with i.e. not too fast but so it won't take too long.

I'm about to start on the bible again in earnest after having read a few other books. As I read it straight through I'd like to start doing so with an eye to a particular question or issue so that on this particular reading I make sure to think, "Does this have a bearing on the issue?". This time will be the division of the law between moral, ceremonial and other judicial laws, as I do not know of the biblical justification for that common division and their different treatments.

I am using the Discipleship Journal plan. It has 25 readings per month, with readings in Gospel, NT, OT, and Poetry/Wisdom. The space built into the plan is very helpful.

I also read the Westminster Standards w/ Scripture based on a plan from Greenville PTS.

I am looking to go more slowly with more detailed study next year while sticking with the Standards.

I try to do the above in the morning, and do other reading in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back