What is your job/career?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm currently a full-time student. I've had several different jobs over the past couple of years (some part-time, some full-time): daycare assistant, biology tutor, respite care provider, nursing assistant / personal care attendent . . .
Hopefully, in 2 years I'll be done with school and have my RN license!

I am a civilian mechanical design engineer for the Navy at China Lake.
The security department allows me to tell you that I am an engineer on base ;)

I make cool toys for Navy flyboys. :cool:

I've had my share of jobs as well. Currently I'm a life and health insurance agent, focusing mainly on health.

I started out working on Fighter Jets in the Navy. Worked at a Dialysis Center for a while. Worked for a Christian bookstore while going to School. Worked for Minolta Business Systems as a Service Tecn. Been on Disability for going on four years. Viral Cardiomyopathy. A Virus almost killed my heart.

Wife, momma, homemaker, teacher, dressmaker, and independant consultant.

Formerly a manuscript typist (my name is in a book!), nanny, temporary receptionist for a law group, church librarian, and sunday school secretary. (oh, and toss in waitress as well, but many have done that)

There's my resume...pretty simplistic.

Former US Army Ranger. What else is there? Seriously.

Well, though nothing is as cool as being a Ranger, some other relatively highpoints in my vocational past are: I was a youth pastor, in college I was a teacher's assistant, I was a security supervisor at a very large company, and now I'm a chaplain candidate in the US Army.

[Edited on 10-14-2005 by SolaScriptura]

I am blessed to be a stay-at-home-full-time Mommy to a couple of little olive plants. I also am a HuguenotHelpMeet.

Before the kids, I worked with hubby at a lawfirm in DC. I was the receptionist for a couple of years and then the file manager.

I was a Sonic car hop in highschool as well as a grocery store cashier.

[Edited on 10-14-2005 by HuguenotHelpMeet]

I was:
a cook at a fast food joint
a dishwasher at an officer's club
a salesman at sears
an army medic
an army helicopter pilot
a coast guard helicopter pilot
a navy helicopter flight instructor
a flightsafety classroom instructor
a usairways pilot instructor
unemployed
self-employed
unemployed

and now I'm a civilian helicopter ems pilot...and my eldest son's home schooling teacher/coach/mentor (5th grade)

and for the other thread, I'm 50

[Edited on 10-14-2005 by LarryCook]

I was a professional student for 7 years, a landscaper and car washer for a year and a half, an intern pastor for one year and now I am an ordained pastor.

Bi-vocational Minister.
My "secular vocation" has me working in shipping/recieving in a warehouse 3 days a week.
Also an M.Div candidate with Whitefield Theological Seminary.

Software Developer for the past 22 years of major "geek-friendly" file systems, device drivers, compiler code generator, various/sundry miscelleaous formats and low-level system utilites. Currently coding security related software for an object-oriented metadata server (co-inventor of a Patent-pending process for a portion of such).

I speak Assembler, C, Java, SAS Datastep and Macro, SQL, etc. and hope to be reading Biblical Hebrew respectably in the next 3 years or so. :) My English could be better :p

[Edited on 10-14-2005 by BrianBowman]

I've worked at:
libraries,
Christian bookstores,
Paralegal in Philadelphia,
Graduate assistant,
Now for the government as an archivist

Military Police
Loss Prevention
Life Insurance Salesman
Furniture Salesman
Retail sales/manager
Stockbroker
Entrepreneur
Currently opening a fitness related franchise called "L.A. Boxing"

Originally posted by Greg
I'm an electrician. Been in the trade now for 10 years.

Good to see another brother in the trade. I have 14 years. Before that I was a supervisor in the printed circuit board manufacturing industry for 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back