What is your favorite Happy-Clappy Worship Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the ultimate happy clappy song. And, pick up the stones: I like it :)

[video=youtube;tpussr5dGVM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpussr5dGVM[/video]

-----Added 5/19/2009 at 03:15:38 EST-----

Here is one of my favourites from the Gettys:

[video=youtube;ubGCISQQ7Zo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubGCISQQ7Zo&feature=PlayList&p=49848A66F9FD12EB&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=50[/video]

clap happy

If you commute mass transit in any major city, and your arm gets continually bashed into (while you are trying to read a good a.m. eye opener, something like The Works of Jonathan Edwards Volume I)...or perhaps you are inundated with noise pollution of various sorts while pondering a memory verse, or you've just been told to "knock it off" if you were heralding the Gospel...:lol:

keep this song handy on your mp3 player:

[video=youtube;VmC44K0xQLE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmC44K0xQLE&feature=related[/video]

More seriously, In Christ Alone is my favorite contemporary worship and praise song.

"In Christ Alone"
Words and Music by Keith Getty & Stuart Townend
Copyright © 2001 Kingsway Thankyou Music

In Christ alone my hope is found;
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all—
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone, Who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied;
For ev'ry sin on Him was laid—
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain;
Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death—
This is the pow'r of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No pow'r of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home—
Here in the pow'r of Christ I'll stand.

CCLI No:3350395.

I love this one!

This thread reminds me of the guilty secrets one!
I am not a great fan of the praise song, but despite myself there are a few I like. My favorite is: "You're the Lion of Judah" by Robin Mark. Thumbs up to "How Great is our God," "Shout to the Lord," "Here I am to Worship" and "Amazing Love."

Not exactly happy clappy but is anyone familiar with "Glory Revealed" album. It's awesome. Words of Scripture set to music. My two favorites are Restore to me and Glory Revealed. They are on You Tube. Sorry too tired tonight to work out how to post them here.

Here's one from my favorite Mega-Church

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urmKhAulBqM]YouTube - Rush-Big Money[/ame]

I am currently in one of those churches where we sing the happy-clappy music. The former pastor used to have 5-6 P&W songs sung and about 2-3 hymns as well. (Yes, we sang for about 30 minutes) It was a nice balance. Now, under the current leadership, we sing about 3 P&W songs and very, very rarely do we sing a hymn. It gets very old singing the same few songs over and over again. I used to like the Horse and Rider song that someone mentioned :) I really miss the hymns and it was a such a treat to go to the Philly conference and sing so many beautiful songs that truly spoke about the Lord!
I will say that as far as music goes, I love to sing along with the Valley of Vision cd I have. It has enough of a beat to keep me singing while driving, but the lyrics are worth while to listen to and sing to the Lord. I also like the song Wonderful, Merciful Savior. Really beautiful!
Without causing an uproar, I have a question. When we sing at church Days of Elijah, I have a problem with the part where it says, 'these are days of your servant David rebuilding a temple of praise'. David didn't do that, God didn't let him build the temple. So am I just being overly sensitive to that, or do you think that's strange too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back