What is your favorite after shave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaScriptura

Puritanboard Brimstone
For me it is probably Aqua Velva, but I really like the classic (barbershop) smell of Clubman Pinaud.

But I'm thinking of trying others. So what is your favorite?

It's a bit on the spendy side, but Mr. Taylor's from Taylor of Old Bond Street is probably my favorite. Close second would have to be either D.R. Harris Arlington or Musgo Real classic scent.

It's a bit on the spendy side, but Mr. Taylor's from Taylor of Old Bond Street is probably my favorite. Close second would have to be either D.R. Harris Arlington or Musgo Real classic scent.

The only one I've heard of is Musgo Real, isn't that one of those old time "barber shop" scents? How does it compare with Clubman?

The only one I've heard of is Musgo Real, isn't that one of those old time "barber shop" scents? How does it compare with Clubman?

I've never used or even smelled Clubman, so I'm not sure. The scent of Musgo Real is an earthy, mossy (Hence "Musgo", Portuguese for Moss) classic woods/herbs combination. Definitely an old school scent.

Mr. Taylor's is really excellent - it goes on with a cedary zip and settles into a leather/sandalwood base. It's also not overpowering by any means, but does stick with you. Also pretty old-school.

I've never used or even smelled Clubman, so I'm not sure. The scent of Musgo Real is an earthy, mossy (Hence "Musgo", Portuguese for Moss) classic woods/herbs combination. Definitely an old school scent.

Mr. Taylor's is really excellent - it goes on with a cedary zip and settles into a leather/sandalwood base. It's also not overpowering by any means, but does stick with you. Also pretty old-school.

Thanks! I love old-school.

For me it is a mix of things: a little bit of oxygen and about twice as much hydrogen.

Cedarwood and Pinus sylvestris that came in a pine cone shaped bottle. Christians should be encouraged to grow beards though :worms:

Christians should be encouraged to grow beards though

??

Why you ask? All the pictures of Jesus I see, he has a beard. I think that is warrant enough to make a doctrinal statement don't you? (Joking)

Of course Michael Bunker (MICHAEL BUNKER TALKS ABOUT BEARDS - YouTube) has biblical warrants for his reasons.

(Note I do not know anything about Mr. Bunker that was another comment for the distraction of all this after shave talk, as I Chris support beards on men. NO more razors, is my motto. )

Christians should be encouraged to grow beards though

??

Why you ask? All the pictures of Jesus I see, he has a beard. I think that is warrant enough to make a doctrinal statement don't you? (Joking)

Of course Michael Bunker (MICHAEL BUNKER TALKS ABOUT BEARDS - YouTube) has biblical warrants for his reasons.

(Note I do not know anything about Mr. Bunker that was another comment for the distraction of all this after shave talk, as I Chris support beards on men. NO more razors, is my motto. )

I'd have a beard IF I could grow more than sideburns and a little mustache :). And I use water.

I usually dry shave with my Ka-Bar. If I feel like pampering myself I'll splash on some gasoline or wood alcohol to stop the bleeding.

I've recently discovered that instead of aftershave, Rich simply sits in his car with windows closed and allows the cigar smoke to close his pores.

I used to buy some Nivea stuff at Wal-Mart. Then I decided I didn't want to spend money on it so now I just use cold water. It helps close your pores after shaving. With all that said, I don't shave much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back