What Is the Most Memorable Star Trek Episode That You Remember by Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember the name of the original episode, but the one where they go to a planet ruled and inhabited by children. They kill adults and slowly begin to approach Kirk with weapons chanting "bonk bonk, bonk bonk" and Kirk screams out "Nooooo bonk bonk!"

lol!!

My wife and I crack up at that and on occasion say that line to the other for laughs "Noooo bonk bonk!"

That was Miri.

-----Added 3/19/2009 at 08:21:04 EST-----

The Amok Time was pretty good.

You are in error. It was from the original series, when the aliens, painted black and white, highjacked the Enterprise to return to their own galaxy. The episode is from the second season- 'By Any Other Name'.

Theognome

"By Any Other Name" was the episode where the aliens hijack the Enterprise by threatening to turn everyone into small cubes of carbon. But that is different from the half black/half white episode (which starred the guy who played the Riddler on the old "Batman" series -- forget his name). That was a great episode, too! These two half black/white aliens are the only survivors after their people have been fighting for centuries. When Kirk asks them about their differences, one says, "Can't you see he looks different than me?" Everyone's confused and says they both look the same. The alien then points out that it's the left side of his face that's white and the right side that's black, while the other alien is the opposite. That was great!

If I remember correctly, that was Guinan speaking to Scotty in the episode in which Scotty was recovered from a transporter buffer on board a small freighter whose name I forget. Scotty then headed to the holodeck and had a make-believe reunion with his pals, most of whom were long dead--with the exception of Dr. McCoy, who was 133 yrs old, or thereabouts.

I forget the name as well.

You are in error. It was from the original series, when the aliens, painted black and white, highjacked the Enterprise to return to their own galaxy. The episode is from the second season- 'By Any Other Name'.

Theognome

Correct, I was wrong. It was Data in that episode, which is "Relics". And the alcohol was Aldebaran whiskey--with no label.

Scotty ended up with a hangover from it.

Relics (episode) - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki

It could be that you are both right. It is from "By Any Other Name". Whether it was used again in on of the later Star Trek copies, I don't know because I never watched any of them.

Theognome

"By Any Other Name" was the episode where the aliens hijack the Enterprise by threatening to turn everyone into small cubes of carbon. But that is different from the half black/half white episode (which starred the guy who played the Riddler on the old "Batman" series -- forget his name). That was a great episode, too! These two half black/white aliens are the only survivors after their people have been fighting for centuries. When Kirk asks them about their differences, one says, "Can't you see he looks different than me?" Everyone's confused and says they both look the same. The alien then points out that it's the left side of his face that's white and the right side that's black, while the other alien is the opposite. That was great!

I sit corrected, as I'm not standing right now.

Theognome

Theognome

OOPS! Your right! And that episode was called, "A Private Little War", if I am not mistaken.

Could change at any time but for now...

TOS- "Space Seed"
TNG- "Clues"
DS9- mmm...probably "The Changing Face of Evil"

OOPS! Your right! And that episode was called, "A Private Little War", if I am not mistaken.

Yep, I do believe that was the title. What was that guy's name? Frank Gorshan? Was that it?

By far, my favorite episode of TNG was the one entitled "Darmok", with Paul Winfield playing the alien captain who only spoke in metaphors. Tremendous episode, and it included one of my favorite actors.

Yep, I do believe that was the title. What was that guy's name? Frank Gorshan? Was that it?

By far, my favorite episode of TNG was the one entitled "Darmok", with Paul Winfield playing the alien captain who only spoke in metaphors. Tremendous episode, and it included one of my favorite actors.

Not sure of the spelling, but yes, he was the Riddler. I remember someone doing a parody of that fact at Star Con in Denver in the early 80s.

TOS - 'City on the edge of forever.'

TNG - 'Best of both worlds I & II'

Remind me what "Best of Both Worlds" was about? Is the one where Picard becomes a Borg?

Yep. Q goes and throws the Enterprise at a Borg cube. Then they invade the Alpha Quadrant.

BoBW was down the line. "Q-Who" is the one where Q throw the enterprise out to meet the Borg.

You are not fit to wear that uniform!!!

In the original series there was an episode where Kirk and the crew visited a planet and of course saved the day, but had thought the people they were helping worshipped the sun, but at the end they correct him and explain that they worship the Son. Anybody know the name of that one? Probably complete heresy, but I vaguely remember that it impressed me in my pagan childhood.

Edit> Quick google search shows it to be the already named episode "Bread and Circuses".

Ne-ver-mind!

Wish I could say but I have a poor memory, which does come in handy if you want to share secretes with me! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back