Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that sentiment, but my point has always been that under our type of Government, the IS Constitution, and not the Bible, is the rule of the land.

Our type of govt is what the leftist judge today (maybe not tomorrow) says what the constitution means. I hope no one seriously thinks strict constructionism is the law of the land.

The original post asked what the state should do regarding heresy? Should connotes ought. I know what rights tide pod eaters have in America. But that's not the question. Our current govt allows furries to get married, but only the most militant Klinean would say that is a good thing.

[M]y point has always been that under our type of Government, the IS Constitution, and not the Bible, is the rule of the land.

There is a considerable semantic difference between is and ought to be.

And what if we live in a country like North Korea? How far must we abide by their constitution (or whatever it is they have)? After all, God did not set North Korea up as a theonomy, but as a Democratic People's Republic.

I do not think that Kim's regime should be expected to obey God. But the point (which you are still missing) is that they should obey God.

Last edited:
What scriptures would you point to to support that God requires a government to uphold His law/Moral Code if not under a theonomy though?

How about the Decalogue? The Moral Law is for all men.

Yet again, you have suggested without reason that magistrates are somehow excepted from that.

This is an interesting thread, which I've ignored up until tonight. Reading through all the replies I think it is a given that we would agree government should ideally forbid and prosecute heresy, but we live in Sodom and Gomorrah as it were.

I responded to the poll thread but did not see this one until later. Here is what I said in that thread:

Herald said:
What the state should do and what it actually does are two different things. As an Amillennialist, I do not see the state ever fulfilling its duties under the Establishment View, however, that does not mean we should practice willful compromise in our lives.

The power of the church is not found in politics but in the Spirit. Might there be a movement of God upon the civil magistrate in the United States, Canada, the UK et al? Only God knows. I do not believe the answer is found in the ballot box but through godly obedience. Neither the church nor individual Christians can force a change to Establishmentarianism, but we can live "as if".

Not to mention the Deep State. As long as the Deep State exists, nothing will change for the better for Christians or patriots (or humanity in general).

I responded to the poll thread but did not see this one until later. Here is what I said in that thread:

The power of the church is not found in politics but in the Spirit. Might there be a movement of God upon the civil magistrate in the United States, Canada, the UK et al? Only God knows. I do not believe the answer is found in the ballot box but through godly obedience. Neither the church nor individual Christians can force a change to Establishmentarianism, but we can live "as if".
I am very sure that the only time when cultures actually experience real and lasting change is when God does a sovereign act of revival in that nation.

If given the opportunity, would you bother to change the situation in Hitler's Germany? Your above answer implies "no."
For whatever reason, known only to God, Nazi Germany seemed to be part of His overall plan, perhaps the way to have Israel reestablished as a nation afterwards?

it should be is my point.

Right, but the fact Strict Constructionism is not happening, nor likely will it ever again. So you can't argue against Establishmentarian views based on what the Constitution currently allows when you mean what it should allow.

For whatever reason, known only to God, Nazi Germany seemed to be part of His overall plan, perhaps the way to have Israel reestablished as a nation afterwards?

So we were wrong to go to war against Hitler and try to stop him, since God's permissive will allowed him to rise?

What is the Deep State?

The Deep State is the shadow government that runs DC. It is everything from black ops to rogue intelligence agencies, etc. Although I believe Antichrist will be a person, the Deep State runs a close second.

I know many of these videos are sensationalist, but this is pretty accurate.

What is the Deep State?

Those who speak of this, from both the left and the right, have in mind the sort of bureaucracy (of various agencies and cabinet departments, particularly ones dealing with intelligence, thus involving covert operatives as well) that continues unabated despite elections.

Eisenhower warned of a military-industrial complex and many have seen some form of that to wield a great deal of power regardless of who controls the political branches of government (the legislative and executive ones especially).

This is not something observed simply in America but is alleged to exist worldwide.

Peace,
Alan

Those who speak of this, from both the left and the right, have in mind the sort of bureaucracy (of various agencies and cabinet departments, particularly ones dealing with intelligence, thus involving covert operatives as well) that continues unabated despite elections.

Eisenhower warned of a military-industrial complex and many have seen some form of that to wield a great deal of power regardless of who controls the political branches of government (the legislative and executive ones especially).

This is not something observed simply in America but is alleged to exist worldwide.

Peace,
Alan
This would be the economic/military/ establishement then?
This does seem to at times veer off though into those seeing the Illuminati pulling the strings all over the world.

@Dachaser, you never answered my question. I'd like to hear your answer.
Sorry about that, as must have missed it, and the answer i would give is that in a perfect world, with Jesus here directly reigning, Satanism would be be permitted, but under the current scheme of things, in this nation, yes, they have religious freedoms provided to them to worship as they see fit. The caveat being that they still have to obey laws regarding killing other people for example.

Sorry about that, as must have missed it, and the answer i would give is that in a perfect world, with Jesus here directly reigning, Satanism would be be permitted, but under the current scheme of things, in this nation, yes, they have religious freedoms provided to them to worship as they see fit. The caveat being that they still have to obey laws regarding killing other people for example.
You sidestepped the question. What is their duty before God? Do they have a duty before God to protect Satanism or not? It's a yes-or-no question.

Will Satanists be judged according to God's Law (idolatry, etc.) or by the Constitution on the last day?

Will Satanists be judged according to God's Law (idolatry, etc.) or by the Constitution on the last day?
They will be judged by Jesus as being still found in their sins, as they did not believe upon the Name of the Son of God/Messiah, to save them from their sin judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back