What does baptism accomplish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pergamum

Ordinary Guy (TM)
Rich: I read it but still don't see it. I do see your point about baptism making the Gospel personal to a believer though, which is why I am credo.

Also, can you explain more about ther terminology "seal"?

Cheers, hows the fam settling into the good ol' US of A?

Pergmeister D

py3ak

Unshaven and anonymous
Staff member
It may be as well to divide the question into two parts.
1. What does baptism accomplish in worthy recipients?
2. What does baptism accomplish in unworthy recipients?

Iconoclast

Puritan Board Junior
Adam,
I cut and paste this part of an article that was sent to me. If you want I can send you the whole article. In the middle of the thread KIm said she wanted information so I tried to help. Why do you impute a sinister motive to this? Disingenuous ?:rolleyes:
Your first post was suggestive of similar things,just a bit shorter.
The article I quoted from is available from S.G.B.C.S.V.
it is entitled THE SIGNIFICANCE OF BAPTISM.
I cut and paste part of the article so as to try and not be too long with the post.
I did not dispute your post as I know that is what you believe, although I could. That is what I understand the moderater's caution to have been.

Iconoclast

Puritan Board Junior
Perg,

I answered your question about how Baptism is different than a broad application of the Gospel. Did you skim what I wrote or did you actually read it?

The benefits are sealed to the believer on the basis of two immutable things - a God who cannot lie and a promise. That which is outwardly promised can be looked upon as assurance that God is certain to save not just any man but the person who has heard a personal promise.

Why did God promise Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob personally when just anyone can listen to the Gospel and believe?

Rich,
I know you are speaking of Hebrews 6:17-20. Would you be interested in discussing this in a seperate thread? Let's see where it will go!
I will start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.