What did you do Valentine's Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwine

Puritan Board Sophomore
Now that it's over did you follow the wise advice given by the posts?

Here's what I did.

Took the day off (I work 2nd shift).

Took my wife and son out to breakfast then we took him back to college.

Short nap.

Wife and I went to town and got some chores done.

Another short nap (I'm under the weather a bit.)

Went to Madison WI to dinner at a nice quiet steak house. Wonderful meal.

Went to Best Buy and bought new microwave oven.

Went to Half Price books. Bought my wife an art book and my daughter-in-law a Hebrew Bible.

Came home and go some chores done before going to bed.

And yes, I stayed away from the PB all day. I knew you all wouldn't notice.

It was a wonderful day. But every day I get to take off from work and spend with her is.

I worked. I thank God for my job!

For Tina, I downloaded Zeffirelli's Theme from Romeo and Juliet and placed a "click Here" desktop icon on my computer. Below that, a love letter w/ personal endearments and a sonnet from Shakespeare. She read it while the song was playing gently in the background. For dinner we ate our favorite, sushi (with some chocolate of course; and a cigar; A La Aurora to be specific; with a cammeroon wrapper; and a little wine.) All in all, I don't really like the holiday; it's pagan. We're all guilty of this in one way or the other.

I noticed you were'nt here brother Gerry. Sounds like you had a nice day.

I worked all day, went home, we walked the dogs. We ate left overs and then settled down to watch The Westminster Dog Show. We did manage a game of Yahtzee before the Westminster came on.

It was all good.

:bigsmile:

Cleaned house, picked up the children's piano teacher, cooked dinner and mop the kitchen floor...after catechism with kids, watched 7th Heaven's Musical episode with hubby and followed by Everwood, then SuperNanny, then went to bed. Our kid's piano teacher told me Happy Valentine's Day....Hubby told me Happy Semiramis is Fertile Again Day. He knew that I knew there wasn't enough in the account for roses....I'm holding out for my birthday instead and we get to go to a marriage weekend in April as a gift from our children's godparents (our piano teacher's parents) who will watch all the children for the entire weekend....maybe we'll even get a hotel room and go out to dinner (lobster and filet...any wine reccomendations?)
120103_emA55_prv1.gif

Yippee! Just found out that the hotel and 10 meals are included...how cool can it get!!!!

(glad someone caught onto the pagan thing... :) )

[Edited on 15-2-2005 by LadyFlynt]

Had a regular day, went to our class at seminary last night. Didn't read that thread. We have never liked the holiday because hubby said it was created by jewelers and candy factories never mind old pagans.:lol:

I spent a while telling my mother that no one knows where I live so there is no point me even checking for Valentines cards. Then I went online and checked to see if someone far far away, I am sure is head-over heels about me, would send me anything by email (only form of communication atm)... she didnt as it turns out she was 1,000 or so miles from home and doesnt return till today but I did get a Valentines +2Day simply worded email in brocken English about how much she likes me :um:

Do not fear - it is better than it sounds :lol:

[Edited on 15-2-2005 by Abd_Yesua_alMasih]

My wife and I ordered all 34 of the Puritan Paperbacks series, and they arrived on Valentine's Day. :banana:

We will "celebrate" later and go out to dinner with another couple on Saturday.

Got up at 5:30am...

Drove an hour to work...

Worked...

Drove an hour back to Kalamazoo, picked up some flowers, bought some ice cream: arrived home at 7:30pm

The wife gave me a nice card and wrote wonderful things in it.

We ate a heart shaped pizza from Pappa Murphy's for $6.

Started watching Gods and Generals.

Wife started homework 30 min into movie.

I fell asleep during the movie.

[Edited on 16-2-2005 by Craig]

The night before I took my wife and daughter to see "Hitched" which wasn't too bad.

Then Valentine Day afternoon I took them both out to eat.

We couldn't do anything that evening as our daughter had a late class.

My wife and I went home and fell asleep early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back