What about Vincent Cheung ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
He absolutely adores Gordon Clark and despises VanTil. He is a very clear and analytical thinker.

He may think to high of himself and too less of other brethren.

He has been accused of being a hypercalvinist - a charge he denies.

Vincent Cheung has an un-Confessional view of secondary causality in my opinion. God's control of all things includes an immediate understanding/blinding toward Spiritual Truth. That is to say, that when a proposition of Scripture is given to a man, it's as if God is there, without mediation, blinding a man to that Truth or opening up the man's eyes to that Truth.

I don't like the term hyper-Calvinism in general because it has the name Calvin in it. This idea is nothing like Calvin.

I've read him and would suggest you read Clark and VanTil first and then Chueng. After that read Aquascum's works.

Presuppositional Confrontations and Apologetics in Conversation were helpful and since Cheung offers his works for free you could start there.

Aquascum dismantled Cheung’s system of thought. Cheung teaches that all knowledge consists of all the propositions of Scripture and what could be deduced from those propositions. But what Cheung teaches is neither a proposition of Scripture nor deducible from Scripture. So the whole system is self-referentially incoherent and bad for your epistemic health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back