Westminster Standards - Book Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchoolPresbyterian

Puritan Board Freshman
Does anyone have a recommendation for the original version of the Westminster standards (the Confession and Larger and Shorter Catechisms) together in a book format? I'd like to have all three documents together in one book, but I've had a hard time finding the original version like this.

Thank you.

Does anyone have a recommendation for the original version of the Westminster standards (the Confession and Larger and Shorter Catechisms) together in a book format? I'd like to have all three documents together in one book, but I've had a hard time finding the original version like this.

Thank you.
Banner of Truth has an edition of the standards all in one volume

Banner of Truth has an edition of the standards all in one volume
Agreed. This edition also includes other documents such as the Sum of Saving Knowledge and the Solemn League and Covenant. Very helpful.

You may want to consider the Puritan Publications edition which is very complete and true to the original.

“This volume is the original 1647 version of the Westminster Confession of Faith, and its subordinate documents which comprise the Solemn League and Covenant, the Larger and Shorter Catechisms, the Form of Presbyterial Church Government, and the directories for Public and Private Worship. Also is included is the Sum of Saving Knowledge as well as a topical index to all the documents. The Confession and Larger and shorter Catechism are proved by Scripture using the Authorized Version (the King James) as published in 1647 by the Assembly. Some years later, in 1652, the Larger and Shorter Catechism were also published as proved by the KJV version of Scripture.”

https://www.puritanpublications.com...er-confession-of-faith-3rd-edition-KJV-bible/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back