Well, Here We Go Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
CBS has decided, apparently, that it's time to mock the Christians again. A new sitcom, "Living Biblically," will be debuting soon on the network.

Judging by the ads (which are all that is available, so far), it doesn't look promising.

Funny how they're not airing a sitcom called "Living Islamically."

The godless media always equates Romanism with Christianity and, since they do, the 'star' of this show is a "fallen away" Catholic who consults with his priest.

For example, faced with a co-worker bragging about committing adultery, he asks his Catholic priest what to do. "The Bible says to stone adulterers," Father Gene inaccurately advises Chip. So Chip throws a rock at the head of the adulterous husband, hitting him in the face.

Jesus’ message of forgiveness to the woman caught in adultery is, of course, absent from the show.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/...ly-mocks-god-as-lawgiver-will-likely-offend-j

The godless media always equates Romanism with Christianity

That's because Romanism is the form of Christianity that makes sense to them. That's not surprising, because Romanism in no small degree operates within the categories and boundaries of this present evil age.

"Living Biblically," will be debuting soon on the network.
For a moment there, I thought it was the documentary about the book "The Year of Living Biblically" by AJ Jacobs, which I actually enjoyed a lot.

CBS has decided, apparently, that it's time to mock the Christians again. A new sitcom, "Living Biblically,"

I would feel worse if there were not so many American "Christians" that deserve a bit of ridicule.

For example:

Last edited:
This is only the beginning; it will eventually get much, much worse. The prince of this world hates us and so do those that are hardened.

Oh no!!!!!!!! - It is based on the book that I mentioned above. (Still enjoyed the book, though...)

CBS has decided, apparently, that it's time to mock the Christians again. A new sitcom, "Living Biblically," will be debuting soon on the network.

Judging by the ads (which are all that is available, so far), it doesn't look promising.

Funny how they're not airing a sitcom called "Living Islamically."
This just seems to be another example of mocking Christ, as there was a recent show, Defrocked, which seemed to be showing to us a man on run from the mafia, who ran into a situation when he took over the role of playing the gay pastor in local town.

I hope that there can be apologetic significance to mockeries like this. Many hardened atheists communicate a lot of self-assurance that they understand what the Bible is about and they think it is nonsense. These kinds of materials may give them more ammo for what they already believe about the Bible, but I think that if they encounter someone with a sound theology that can explain exactly why Old Covenant administrations are not active in a way that makes good sense, it is more likely to make them question themselves. If they felt confident mocking something they didn't understand, maybe they should rethink some of their objections in the first place.

The "living biblically" concept initially came from indulging the caricature of a "bible literalist" who is a boogeyman that doesn't exist. No one thinks that the church is made of literal sheep or that Jesus is a gate. The term is used to imply, "What kind of idiot doesn't understand a metaphor?" and allows the atheist to assure himself that the Bible can't bind his conscience and he is safe. Even those who err on the side of literalism do not have a woodenly literal interpretation of everything.

The problem is that "literalism" vs "non-literalism" isn't a meaningful distinction. A better one is whether the person believes that the Bible is wholly true.

Far be it from CBS to have had a Protestant instead of a Catholic Christian to match with the Jewish character, let be a Reformed Protestant. What is TGC?

I have yet to find a public venue that Ligon Duncan was not somewhere present. He is the six degrees of Kevin Bacon for evangelicalism. ;)

Patrick,
Do you think he is attempting to be a peacemaker/be a Reformed influence on evangelicalism or do you think he is more "at home" there? I have benefited greatly from his teaching and am having trouble putting all the pieces together.......

Patrick,
Do you think he is attempting to be a peacemaker/be a Reformed influence on evangelicalism or do you think he is more "at home" there? I have benefited greatly from his teaching and am having trouble putting all the pieces together.......
In charity, I think it is more of the former than the latter. I have benefited from his teachings as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back