Welcome to Don Kistler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch2k

Puritan Board Graduate
Welcome Don!

Your lectures have been a blessing to me. I thoroughly enjoy your books as well.

:welcome:

LarryCook

Puritan Board Freshman
Greetings from South Carolina Dr. Kistler

I've made it through most of the books that I ordered the last time (I think it was the last time) you were with RC Sproul and my eleven year old is through 3 of his 5 books. Thank you so much for those great works. Please keep them coming.

Larry

VirginiaHuguenot

Puritanboard Librarian
Rev. Kistler,

If you are inclined, I would be very interested to hear how the Lord brought you to an interest in the Puritans and how you got started re-publishing their works. Your labors have been a great blessing to many.

Don Kistler

Puritan Board Sophomore
Thank you all for your greetings. I have enjoyed reading some of the posts, particularly your interests in good books.

As for how I got started in all of this, it was while doing some geneological research a long time ago when I discovered I was a descendant of Oliver Cromwell through my mother and Jonathan Edwards through my father. I began reading out of curiosity. Once I started I was hooked.

I began publishing because I had retyped "Gospel Worship" by Jeremiah Burroughs just as a devotional tool, then offered it to Banner of Truth. But they showed no interest, so I thought I'd do it myself. It seems to have caught on! :eek:)

That was nearly 20 years ago, and some 250 titles ago. As long as it pleases the Lord to allow me to do this, I'll keep at it!

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
That's interesting. I had a similar polite turn down experience with Banner of Truth when they showed no interest in publishing a new edition of James Durham's Concerning Scandal I was working on in 1985/1986. Also, RE puritan worship and the regulative principle, not too surprising the lack of interest, as BoT has been spotty in its support; e.g the old Iain Murray is better than the later Iain Murray. I knew this to an extent but it was clear when I was researching for "The Regulative Principle of Worship: Sixty Years in Reformed Literature. Part One (1946-1999) for the forthcoming Confessional Presbyterian volume 2.
Originally posted by Don Kistler
Thank you all for your greetings. I have enjoyed reading some of the posts, particularly your interests in good books.

As for how I got started in all of this, it was while doing some geneological research a long time ago when I discovered I was a descendant of Oliver Cromwell through my mother and Jonathan Edwards through my father. I began reading out of curiosity. Once I started I was hooked.

I began publishing because I had retyped "Gospel Worship" by Jeremiah Burroughs just as a devotional tool, then offered it to Banner of Truth. But they showed no interest, so I thought I'd do it myself. It seems to have caught on! :eek:)

That was nearly 20 years ago, and some 250 titles ago. As long as it pleases the Lord to allow me to do this, I'll keep at it!

VirginiaHuguenot

Puritanboard Librarian
Originally posted by Don Kistler

Thank you for sharing, Rev. Kistler. It is fascinating to see how the Lord works in the lives of his saints for the good of his church, and even in the bloodlines of those upon whose shoulders we stand.

I too had a similar confluence of genealogical and church history interests which played a big role in my life.

God bless your continued labors for the cause of Christ.

PuritanCovenanter

Staff member
Originally posted by puritansailor
Welcome a'Board! Thankyou for your hard work reprinting those Puritans! It has been a tremendous blessing to me!
:ditto:

I have been buying Soli Deo Gloria books from Edgewood Baptist Church Bookstore for many years now. My friends and I have benefitted from them. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.