Welcome to Adam!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Me Died Blue, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Me Died Blue

Me Died Blue Puritan Board Post-Graduate

Welcome to our newest member, Adam McMurry, from St. Charles, Missouri. Glad you've joined us Adam - feel free to introduce yourself or just start browsing.

2. ReformedWretch

ReformedWretch Puritan Board Doctor

Welcome, and what a great name! :)

3. BayouHuguenot

BayouHuguenot Puritanboard Amanuensis

:welcome: :handshake:

4. AdamM

AdamM Puritan Board Freshman

What a great welcome brothers! Thank you so much.

I have been browsing the board for a while and I really enjoy your exchanges. Hopefully I"(tm)ll be able to contribute something positive and learn from you all.

A quick bio, I am an R.E. at Grace PCA in St. Charles, Missouri. Growing up in Northern Indiana, I come from a no church background and other then our Catholic neighbors who went to church every Saturday evening, I had no friends (all the way through college) that had any serious commitment to religion of any kind. After graduating from college I was converted by the grace of God at a crusade (weird story how my wife & I ended up there) that was held by an evangelist affiliated with Bob Jones. I began attending a Baptist church along with my wife and we enjoyed a great time of growth in the knowledge of the Lord and service. After several years (5 or 6) began to attend a small start up Evangelical Free church plant and was blessed to be able to help in the planting and growth of that church. Became an officer in the church, but was becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the move toward seeker sensitive practices in that church. At the same time I was introduced by a friend to RC Sproul's material (Holiness of God) and through that material Reformed theology in general. Began attending conferences in the early and mid 90's (Ligonier, Toledo Reformed & etc.) and became convinced that we needed to find a PCA church to attend. We found a group starting a mission church in a nearby city (Michiana Covenant, PCA.) After many good years there I accepted a job in the St. Louis area in 1999 and once again began working with a group starting a mission church (Grace Presbyterian, PCA.) Grace has now become a particularized church and by God's grace I serve in the church as a ruling elder.

My approach to the Faith is rooted in traditional Westminster/ Scottish Presbyterian experimental Calvinism. I believe the Westminster divines got things right and I have seen very few "œimprovements" that are very helpful.

I look forward to getting to know everybody.

Adam

5. BayouHuguenot

BayouHuguenot Puritanboard Amanuensis

[quote:ce82656b2b="AdamM"]

My approach to the Faith is rooted in traditional Westminster/ Scottish Presbyterian experimental Calvinism. I believe the Westminster divines got things right and I have seen very few "œimprovements" that are very helpful.

I look forward to getting to know everybody.

Adam[/quote:ce82656b2b]

Amen brother, Amen. Once I read Sproul;s Holiness of God, I realized that the seeker-sensitve movement is sinful and self-refuting. I like your emphasis on Scottish Presbyterianism.

6. Presbyrino

Presbyrino Puritan Board Freshman

:amen:

My sentiments exactly!

7. Abd_Yesua_alMasih

Abd_Yesua_alMasih Puritan Board Junior

Welcome to the puritanboards. Always good to have another person.

:banana: :welcome: :banana:

8. lwadkins

lwadkins Puritan Board Junior

Welcome Adam, alway great to come to know another brother!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.