WebsiteMaven.com moved to Wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
Over the last couple of weeks I've been migrating Websitemaven.com from Drupal to Wordpress. When I initially built Websitemaven in 2004 it was a straight HTML site but that kind of site takes a lot of time to keep re-formatting every time a new page or other type of content is added (even with a good Dreamweaver template).

At the time when I migrated to Drupal in the 2006 timeframe, it was the easiest to build into and Wordpress was still pretty much just a blogging platform at the time. Drupal is still a powerful platform but the community support stinks - especially for plugins I really wanted.

I'm very happy with the way the site turned out. I'm using a Category Posts widget to organize the posts along the left side. I'm also very happy with the community support for Wordpress.

I've helped Fred with cckpca.org and then migrated Chris Coldwell to Wordpress for his Confessional Presbyterian Presses sites. I've recently converted two Church sites to Wordpress and now Websitemaven.com. I'm planning on migrating Solideogloria.com at some point.

My immediate goal is to create a guide and some templates for Churches to deploy a website in Wordpress for their own congregation. I'll provide a couple of sample themes and other advice in addition to the advice I already have on the site. I'm also planning on writing an article or two about setting up Google Apps for your Church website.

You can see the new version here: WebsiteMaven.com Web Hosting Reviews and Advice
The old version is here: WebsiteMaven | Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, & Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back