Ways to make your wife feel loved and appreciated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blev3rd;

I can tell you what not to do...if you are out by a chocolate factory and they are having a sale on chocolate...do not buy her $30 worth of chocolate. :lol: (my husband did that one day...I'm not THAT fond of chocolate, so for me, while I appreciated the gesture..I would have appreciated it more if he hadn't spent so much money or bought so much)

If you tell her your going to do something for her...if it's within your power..do not make her wait..and wait..get up and do it..or let her know when you will be able to get to it..and then make sure you get to it by then...in other words keep your word..

If you have small children, make arraignments for a sitter for over night, or even just a few hours, so that you can take her out..

Take her on a picnic, or take the kids out for a few hours and give her some alone time..

my husband planted me a garden..

many times he starts dinner while I am doing things for the kids..and then I just have to make the sides and stuff to go w/ it..

he talks to me about his day...good and bad..without my having to ask..how was work today?

If he's going to be late--he calls to let me know.

he doesn't make plans without first talking to me, to find out if we have anything else planned.

He'll help w/ laundry..he knows I hate folding socks..so he'll fold all the socks..

Something I did for him...after our lawn mower broke, I hired someone to come mow the yard, so that he doesn't have to..we have yet to buy a new lawn mower, he really likes not having to worry about needing to mow the yard..after having worked all week..

My wife called me around noon and was almost in tears. She works in a very stressful environment. Providentially I was in the area and stopped by to see her for lunch. She ate her lunch in my car. We talked and prayed. I knew she would be in no shape to cook dinner this evening, so I made a special dish - bow tie pasta with andouille sausage. She was very appreciative and told me that she had a more peaceful afternoon after we prayed in the car.

Ruben is kind and patient every day.

For instance one evening recently I didn't do a very good job making dinner (readjusting to an electric stove from a gas skillet) and asked him about his meal (I knew it was an abomination). He smiled happily and said, "Well the chicken is burned, the peas are crunchy, and the potatoes are smushy. But here I sit, eating it all, because I love you."

Maybe you can't always say something so perfectly charming, but that sort of happy gentleness and patience daily mean more than any special occasion thing to me.

:rofl:

Heidi, your cooking is legendary. I still ponder fondly what the 'brown goop' you unleashed upon Ruben must have been like...

Very true; my wife called the PB Bathsheba one time.... I took about a month off after that one

Did you send Rich to the frontlines to be killed? No. So no foul. (Sorta. Kinda. Never mind.) Perhaps that analogy went too far...

You want to do something sweet? Show her this thread. That you would humble yourself to do something like this is a pretty big deal in and of itself. :up:

Last edited:
Well, it was a Bathsheba/Puritanboard analogy, so Rich would be Uriah the Hittite, right??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back