Viewing the Puritanboard like an RSS feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CovenantalBaptist

Puritan Board Freshman
This post is aimed more at the longtime users of the board as it refers to the way an "older incarnation" of the PB worked (probably more than a year ago). I'm wondering if I'm missing something, but, let me outline my problem and see if any of you can help me with it.

A couple of years ago when I logged into the PB, I would get a list of all the posts that I had missed since I last logged in. Now, there is a way to do this today by clicking on "New Posts" but it does not seem to work in the same way as it did before (i.e. it only goes back a short way). I think, If I recall correctly, when I clicked on Forums it defaulted to a view which gave a long list of the latest posts (not just the top 5 or 10 that appear now). Is there some way to capture this "Puritan Past" of the Puritanboard? Can I see more than just the top 5 most popular posts? Is there a way to display all of the recent posts by popularity etc.?

I'm not sure if I'm describing this rightly, but, what I'm aiming at is something that allows me to "catch up" on my PB reading - sort of like how Google Reader handles RSS feeds for me. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I always land on this page: The PuritanBoard - Home

I go to bigbutton at top "Today's Posts": http://www.puritanboard.com/search.php?do=getdaily

And then, if it's been more than 24hrs, I go to "New Posts" (smaller print under the bigbuttons): http://www.puritanboard.com/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

There could be several pages worth, and I always go serially (pg. 1, then 2, etc.) immediately right through to the earliest page, and then leisurely read what I want using the "back" button in my browser over and over until I get caught up.

If there's an easier way, I don't know it.

Thanks Bruce,

I seem to recall that the PB would track what posts I had read and which I hadn't. So when I logged in a while ago after not logging in for 6-8 months, I expected to see pages of unread content. Instead it was more like 4 pages. I seem to recall a time - and it's possible I'm having a very "early senior citizen onset moment" - where when I hadn't been on the board for a while that I would get dozens of pages of unread content. But I could be wrong.

In any case, is it possible to do what I describe - track all unread content? So far I'm guessing the answer is no.

Thanks again

When the board used to be busier, back before the social media explosion, I used to wonder if hard drugs were much more addictive than continually clicking "Today's Posts." I think I was truly addicted to it about 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back