Venison-Saurkraut-Wild Rice-Hotdish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sven

Puritan Board Sophomore
This amazing dish is what I am having tonight in celebration of achieving 500 posts (moderators can I have my elevator pass now--please, please, please?)

I found this recipe while on my honeymoon on the North Shore of Minnesota. This has become one of our favorite dishes. It's so easy to make. Here's the recipe:

1 pound ground venison
1 cup wild rice (brown rice is a good substitute)
1 medium onion chopped.
1 can saurkraut
2-3 tblsp. garlic powder
2-3 tblsp. rubbed sage
salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream of mushroom soup.

Cook the wild rice per directions. Brown the ground venison and add the chopped onion, saurkraut, garlic powder, sage, and salt and pepper.
Add the wild rice when fully cooked and the cream of mushroom soup.
Eat and enjoy.

Last edited:
This amazing dish is what I am having tonight in celebration of achieving 500 posts (moderators can I have my elevator pass now--please, please, please?)

I found this recipe while on my honeymoon on the North Shore of Minnesota. This has become one of our favorite dishes. It's so easy to make. Here's the recipe:

1 pound ground venison
1 cup wild rice (brown rice is a good substitute)
1 medium onion chopped.
1 can saurkraut
2-3 tblsp. garlic powder
2-3 tblsp. rubbed sage
salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream of mushroom soup.

Cook the wild rice per directions. Brown the ground venison and add the chopped onion, saurkraut, garlic powder, sage, and salt and pepper.
Add the wild rice when fully cooked and the cream of mushroom soup.
Eat and enjoy.

oh man... that looks great! Just in time for September! ummmm

Just finished dinner. We ate this with my favorite non-yankee cornbread recipe. After the kid is done with his bath, we're gonna end this celebration with some family worship and Psalm singing.

Hey, I went over 500 sometime last week and I didn't get a meal like that. Are the Mods holding out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back