Upcoming debate on Previenient Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

iahm87

Puritan Board Freshman
Prevenient Grace Debate

Beginning January 1st, 2010, we will be hosting an online formal debate on the topic of whether God has extended a prevenient grace to all men, the Arminian doctrine that attempts to reconcile the total depravity of man with his ability to freely choose Christ.

This debate will take place in our forums between Randy Hardmen, the founder of Ratio Christi, and myself. Ratio Christi is a growing and much needed campus ministry focused on strengthening the faith of Christian college students through the biblical discipline of apologetics. Mr. Hardman and I are friends, having both been members of the original group at Appalachian State University, but we share some theological differences. We have therefore agreed to a friendly discussion/debate on what may be one of the central issues of these differences.

Mr. Hardman will be arguing in the affirmative -- that God has extended a prevenient grace to all men, thus enabling totally depraved people to freely choose Christ, and I will be arguing in the negative -- that God has not exnteded a prevenient grace, but only a special saving grace to an elect group.

The debate will begin on January 1st and will be open to the public for reading. A direct link to the debate thread will be posted here when it is created.

Just spreading the word

Randy is a great guy. He and I had this discussion in my living room before he went to ASU - he is definitely a Molinist. Stick with the Scripture, and make him stick with the Scripture; don't make it a philosophical argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back