Two Parts of the Seed of Abraham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathias321

Puritan Board Freshman
Have you ever heard the dispensationalist's argument that there are "two parts" to the promised seed of Abraham? Meaning there is the promised physical descendants of Abraham (Israel) and the Church?
For me this teaching rejects Galatians 3 and also the teaching that gentiles are grafted into the olive tree. If we are grafted in, that means we are the same Church (ecclesia)! Am I missing something?

Have you ever heard the dispensationalist's argument that there are "two parts" to the promised seed of Abraham? Meaning there is the promised physical descendants of Abraham (Israel) and the Church?
For me this teaching rejects Galatians 3 and also the teaching that gentiles are grafted into the olive tree. If we are grafted in, that means we are the same Church (ecclesia)! Am I missing something?
I have had it explained as there are spiritual Jews who would be the heirs of Abraham, as spiritual Israel, while gentiles would be in the Church. The Saved Jews would be real Israel , and would have those earthly promises, while the gentiles would have heavenly ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back