Two new books I have been wanting to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandguy

Puritan Board Sophomore
I just purchased two books I have been looking forward to reading for a while today. I began reading "Willing to Believe" by RC Sproul today. I Just got through the introduction and I am already enjoying it. The other book that I look forward to starting over the Summer is "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God & 11 more Classic Messages" by Jonathan Edwards, revised and updated by Mark Trigsted. Besides getting to read all these great sermons, I am really looking forward to reading the biography at the beginning of the book.

I just purchased two books I have been looking forward to reading for a while today. I began reading "Willing to Believe" by RC Sproul today. I Just got through the introduction and I am already enjoying it. The other book that I look forward to starting over the Summer is "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God & 11 more Classic Messages" by Jonathan Edwards, revised and updated by Mark Trigsted. Besides getting to read all these great sermons, I am really looking forward to reading the biography at the beginning of the book.

You should really read Edwards himself. His language is not difficult to understand.:book2:

You should really read Edwards himself. His language is not difficult to understand.:book2:

I actually did read his sermon, Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God when I was in 8th grade. You will never guess where I read it...in my local public school Reading Text book. Mostly, I bought the book for the biography at the beginning, but also look forward to reading several of his sermons as well. The language used is not that big a deal to me as long as his message remained uncompromised.

You will never guess where I read it...in my local public school Reading Text book.

I once saw his sermon in a secular college bookstore (published in pamphlet form) as required reading for an English course. It's interesting how God will use the nooks and crannies of life to get His Word out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back