Two important contributions from Letham have arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regi Addictissimus

Completely sold out to the King
LethamSet.jpg

We now have Robert Letham's new edition of The Holy Trinity. From P&R:

"Robert Letham’s award winning The Holy Trinity receives a well-considered update in a revised and expanded new edition. Letham examines the doctrine of the Trinity’s biblical foundations and traces its historical development before engaging critical issues. This new edition addresses developments in Augustine studies, teaching on the Trinity and election in Barth studies, East-West relations, and evangelical disputes on the relation of the Son to the Father."

The MSRP is $30. We are selling it for $19.
http://bit.ly/LethamTrinity2nd

We also just received Letham's magnum opus, Systematic Theology. From Crossway:

This comprehensive systematic theology by a respected theologian covers the whole field of Reformed Christian doctrine from biblical, historical, and theological angles. It seeks to provide a clear and concise articulation of the Reformed faith rooted in the historic creeds while addressing current issues such as feminism, charismatic gifts, sexual ethics, environmentalism, other religions, the nature of truth, and civil liberties. Intended to be used as a textbook, this single-volume systematic theology is well-suited for our world today, interacting not only with the biblical text but also with the history of Christian doctrine, current cultural challenges to the Bible’s teaching, and the daily experiences of regular Christians.

“In this impressive systematic theology, Robert Letham sets before us the ripe fruit of a long career of devoted scholarship. He does so with clarity, confidence, and thoughtful judgment. The result is an elixir drawn from Scripture into which he has carefully stirred ingredients from Patristic orthodoxy, medieval theology, and Reformation and post-Reformation confessionalism. These are judiciously mixed by a theologian conscious that he is writing for the twenty-first century. Systematic Theology is Letham’s personal bequest to the church of Jesus Christ. A magnum opus indeed—which students, ministers, and scholars will find to be a real stimulation to their theological taste buds!”
Sinclair B. Ferguson, Chancellor’s Professor of Systematic Theology, Reformed Theological Seminary; Teaching Fellow, Ligonier Ministries

The MSRP is $50. We are selling it for $34.
http://bit.ly/LethamST

We are also doing a special bundle price of $50. The MSRP for both of these combined is $80.
http://bit.ly/LethamBundle

Even though I have repeatedly said that I need another ST like a hole in the head, I think I will make an exception for Bob's. It looks as if it will be immense.

This is fantastic news. Interesting, though, that Crossway's website said this book "was" published November 19, 2019. Did they mean October?

I see that Reformation Heritage Books has Robert Letham's brand-new Systematic Theology for sale at an eminently wonderful price, here: www.heritagebooks.org/products/systematic-theology-letham.html

I'm a little surprised, as the official publication date is still about three weeks away (November 19). I was expecting that RHB would start taking pre-orders soon, but it looks, per the page, like the book is already ready to be ordered and sent.

Is it actually ready for ordering, or am I misunderstanding something? (The book's Amazon page says that the book has not yet been released.)

UPDATE: Never mind! This morning's email contained the missive from RHB offering Letham's ST for sale - AND his revised and expanded second edition of his volume on the Trinity. Naturally, I've snapped up both volumes.

Last edited:
I see that Reformation Heritage Books has Robert Letham's brand-new Systematic Theology for sale at an eminently wonderful price, here: www.heritagebooks.org/products/systematic-theology-letham.html

I'm a little surprised, as the official publication date is still about three weeks away (November 19). I was expecting that RHB would start taking pre-orders soon, but it looks, per the page, like the book is already ready to be ordered and sent.

Is it actually ready for ordering, or am I misunderstanding something? (The book's Amazon page says that the book has not yet been released.)

I have a friend at Crossway. ;) We got it much earlier than anticipated. It is in-house and shipping. Please accept my apologies if I do not get to questions the next few days. My schedule is incredibly full as I am traveling. Where I will be, I wont have cell service 90% of the time.

My only objection is using white as the color for the cover. What with all the handling a book gets, white shows the dirt faster than darker colors would.

Even though I have repeatedly said that I need another ST like a hole in the head, I think I will make an exception for Bob's. It looks as if it will be immense.

Mine's in the mail now. Very much looking forward to getting into it. Also, the new second edition of his work on the Holy Spirit has had about 130 pages added to it (if I've guessed right).

Logos has both of Letham's new books as a Pre Pub offer. With the release coming pretty soon, I suspect.

An anecdota or two about Bob Letham:
I knew Bob when he was a young newlywed Baptist preacher. Yes, Baptist. I was saying how much respect I had for him to his wife, and she replied with, "He's just a regular guy Ed, you should see him around the house. Recently a toilet backed-up in our home and all he could do was stand there and scream, not knowing what to do. But I helped him out.":)

A prophet is not without honor except... :)

Ed

My only objection is using white as the color for the cover. What with all the handling a book gets, white shows the dirt faster than darker colors would.
I use archival dust jackets from Brodart. Keeps the DJs clean, and free of rips and tears on the edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back