True Doctrine for $16; with EPC $35

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
For a time (USA ship to's only) get Bownd's True Doctrine of the Sabbath for $16 postage paid; or 2 550+ page books, the Bownd and Dispute against the English Popish Ceremonies by Gillespie, for $35 postage paid. Limited time on the one book offer, until sufficient copies set aside for the offer are gone. Both classics and these are critical editions with Latin translated and notes on references, bibliography etc.

https://www.facebook.com/NaphtaliPressPublishing/posts/1947864805456195

Nicholas Bownd, Sabbathum Veteris Et Novi Testamenti: or, The True Doctrine of the Sabbath. Not in print since 1606 this critical edition noting the differences in the 1595 first and 1606 second editions and uncovering newly discovered manuscript evidence for why the changes occurred (due to a persecuting scolding neighbor) set the traditional arguments paving the way for the puritan Sabbatarianism codified in the Westminster Standards. 592pp. Hardbound, dust jacket.

George Gillespie, A Dispute Against the English Popish Ceremonies. Hb, dj, 544pp. 2013 critical edition. A classic in Presbyterian literature on our biblical worship principles and historically important as well in Second Reformation History. The work earned the young Scot a ticket to the Westminster Assembly of Divines as one of the youngest members to attend. Vastly improved over the 1993 first Naphtali Press edition.

I bit on Bownd! Don't ask me in two weeks if I've read it though. :(
Begin at the beginning; not sure it is always necessary but I do think in this case getting through the front matter first will greatly help tackling Bownd himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back