Trees and Thier Fruit - Was Christ a Liar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job Matt. I know alot of people who have the same trouble you mentioned in your Post Script. We must judge by the gospel. It is just as much a judgment to judge a person to be saved and going to heaven, as it is judging a person to be lost and going to hell. Either way people judge. Somehow it's ok as long as you judge them going to heaven, but woe to you if you say John Paul II is in hell! This is hypocritical In my humble opinion.

Sober yet humorous at the same time. You preclude deathbead converts and well disguised hypocrites?

I was looking for my notepad Matt but couldn't find it :D

God has described in His Word what good and bad fruit look like, in judging a tree as bad or as good (including myself) I use the standards of God and NOT my own. God's Word judges the trees not us, but the Lord has made us familiar with the nature of good and bad fruit. I think in examining ourselves we can often question whether we are lacking or sparsely laden with fruit, and so we can tend to not want to judge others, or even consider fruit at all. Also we can view being loving as not encouraging others to examine the fruit of a worldly icon for fear they may be distressed and disappointed by the results of the examination. So when it comes to a time on the earth when the great lies are being widely disseminated as truth, who speaks if we cannot? Who will stand on the truth of God against the lies of Satan? Who will declare that the figs are rotten, or will we just stand by and watch as the figs are declared by the world to be sound and succulent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back