Treasury of David

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDM

Puritan Board Junior
What is the best printing of Treasury of David? I mean the best font easiest on the eye.

I don't like the 1 volume editions - let's stick to 2 or 3 (or more).

Is it Hendrickson's 3 volume 1988 printing?

What is the best printing of Treasury of David? I mean the best font easiest on the eye.

I don't like the 1 volume editions - let's stick to 2 or 3 (or more).

Is it Hendrickson's 3 volume 1988 printing?

I have that set. It probably is the best one to get.

I also have Hendrickson's 6-volume set of Matthew Henry - completely set in easy-to-read modern type. Excellent.

Also, I read a quote from the late James Montgomery Boice in which he said that Henry's exposition is not from his sermons, but from his Bible readings in his church before the sermons. If his Bible reading comments were that good, one must imagine what his full sermons were like!

I also have Hendrickson's 6-volume set of Matthew Henry - completely set in easy-to-read modern type. Excellent.

Also, I read a quote from the late James Montgomery Boice in which he said that Henry's exposition is not from his sermons, but from his Bible readings in his church before the sermons. If his Bible reading comments were that good, one must imagine what his full sermons were like!

:wow: Amazing.

Based on their reputation, I believe the 7 volume set offered by Pilgrim Publications would be a good one to purchase. A beautiful 7 volume set by Baker Books can be found on Ebay right now. Of course, neither of my suggestions really answer your question in the OP. I was unable to find a scan of these editions to observe the fonts. I hope I may have helped in some small way.
:cheers:

This helped, thanks! That set on ebay looks great.

Oh, Richard, you don't like the monster single volume edition with 6pt type? That's the one I have :) Forces me to make sure to wake my eyes up early in the morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back