Top 5 preachers/podcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
My five favorite preachers, (excluding my pastor as well:))

Paul Washer
Voddie Baucham
R.C. Sproul podcast
Kevin Swanson podcast
James MacDonald podcast

Top 5

1. Al Martin - Wow!...I always imagined Jeremiah to sound like him...maybe Isaiah...not sure.
2. James Montgomery Boice- Miss him terribly...loved listening to him.
3. Sinclair Ferguson
4. Alistair Begg
5. RC Sproul

Runners Up...
1. John MacArthur
2. Ravi Zacharius
3. C.J. Mahaney
4. John Piper
5. Mark Dever

1. John Piper
2. Tim Keller
3. Mark Driscoll
4. Francis Chan
5. Mike Bickle

He doesn't have a podcast, but I really like listening to Bruce Ware. Does anyone know where I could get any lectures and/or sermons by him aside from the resurgence?

I've seen Alan Cairns in a few lists and like him a lot too - with the accent, it always sounds to me like I'm being preached to by a highly stereotypical pirate. :lol:

He doesn't have a podcast, but I really like listening to Bruce Ware. Does anyone know where I could get any lectures and/or sermons by him aside from the resurgence?

I'm sure you could go to the Southern Seminary website. They have all the chapel messages there. Ware's got to be there.

Southern has a impressive list of scholars.

Sure would like to go to seminary again.

What is a 'podcast'? I just got an 80 gig "iPod Classic" but have no idea how to use it yet.

I know, I know, but I come from the era of 8-track tape!

Unfortunately if you go to his church site it is a subscription payment for MP3 downloads. I guess Piper has a lot of us spoiled on that one because it irks me when churches make you pay to download messages.

Mason,

Why don't you work on this one for us hard working, middle class Keller fans that can't afford to pay for downloads??

Heh, that's a point of discussion among Redeemer members - some like it (Wall Street types), others don't like it (artist types). He gets an average of 5,000 downloads every week, which translates to something like $14,000 per week, or in the neighborhood of $700,000 per year. For a church with an operating budget of $11 million, that's an important source of income.

When you ask other Redeemerites about it you get a typical New York response: just make your latte "tall" instead of "venti" and use the money to pay for a sermon. :p

Heh, that's a point of discussion among Redeemer members - some like it (Wall Street types), others don't like it (artist types). He gets an average of 5,000 downloads every week, which translates to something like $14,000 per week, or in the neighborhood of $700,000 per year. For a church with an operating budget of $11 million, that's an important source of income.

When you ask other Redeemerites about it you get a typical New York response: just make your latte "tall" instead of "venti" and use the money to pay for a sermon. :p

Well, I'm about to ante up and give in. I've come close on several occassions, but since I've listened to just about every free sermon Keller has available on-line a couple of times I suppose it's time to subscribe. My problem is that I'll want to backorder my subscription 6 months and that will be even more.

But what about us poor schlubs who can't even afford all that fancy NY coffee? :p I'd like to listen to Keller, but I can't justify the price.

But what about us poor schlubs who can't even afford all that fancy NY coffee? :p I'd like to listen to Keller, but I can't justify the price.

Come on, Steve. I just had my mind made up and there you go talking about the justification of paying for it. Now I'm second guessing again. :)

I'm afraid I don't have an Ipod yet, but here are my favorite preachers (aside from my own) that I have heard speak. In fact, I had the pleasure of hearing Sinclair Ferguson and Ligon Duncan last week at the ARP Family Bible Conference... a real blessing!

1. RC Sproul...who taught me most of my foundation in reformed theology
2. Sinclair Ferguson...his Scottish accent just adds richness to his beautiful words
3. Ligon Duncan
4. John Piper (the only one of these 4 who I have not seen in person)

5. I have never heard them, but I'd like to hear Mahaney, Keller, and others. I have seen one Paul Washer video, and he was good, too.

I hear ya. If it's any consolation, we all have to pay the same (members included). In my opinion, it's well worth the subscription, or you can pay by individual sermon if you want to cherry-pick those you want to hear.

He just finished a great series from April-June on Christian disciplines, which really impacted me a great deal. Included are sermons on Baptism and the Lord's Supper - the sermon on the Lord's Supper was particularly helpful, as was the sermon on the Fruit of the Spirit.

Janis, I finally saw Piper speak in person a couple of months ago at the Together for the Gospel Conference here in Louisville. He was great! The others you mentioned are also great, and three of those (Sproul, Duncan, Mahaney) were also at T4G.

Come on, Steve. I just had my mind made up and there you go talking about the justification of paying for it. Now I'm second guessing again. :)

Ah yes. The other meaning of justification... the one that will get me in trouble with the misses if I spend money on Keller's sermons. :lol:

I'm afraid I don't have an Ipod yet,

You don't need an iPod for subscribing to podcasts all you need is the free iTunes software. Off coarse then you need to listen while at you're PC. I subscribe to a few different podcasts and usually listen to them on my PC at work with out moving them to my iPod.

Anyway I like:

1. Mark Dever
2. John Piper
3. Narrow Mind w/Gene Cook (podcast)

1. Greg Bahnsen
2. Cornelius Van TIl
3. Ravi Zacharias
4. R.C. Sproul
5. John Piper

Last edited:

Janis, I finally saw Piper speak in person a couple of months ago at the Together for the Gospel Conference here in Louisville. He was great! The others you mentioned are also great, and three of those (Sproul, Duncan, Mahaney) were also at T4G.

Tim, I believe my pastor was there, too! I am sure that was a real blessing to hear all of those men in one conference!

I just saw that you are ARP, too. You might know my pastor, Morrie Lawing.

I consistently listen to:
James White
White Horse Inn
Mark Driscoll
Al Mohler
RC Sproul

My top five (though not in any order of favorites):

Stafford Carson
Phil Ryken
Ligon Duncan
John Leonard
Sinclair Ferguson

I got a Zune for Mother's day and I guess these are my top 5 because they are all I have on there so far.

RC Sproul
David P. Murray
David Silversides
Alan Cairns
John Calvin

I got a Zune for Mother's day and I guess these are my top 5 because they are all I have on there so far.

RC Sproul
David P. Murray
David Silversides
Alan Cairns
John Calvin

Traci, I wasn't aware that John Calvin was now podcasting!

Wow, he really is the Master of Geneva!

:calvin:

:wink:

J/K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back