Top 5 preachers/podcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I am seeing too many good men turned out of pulpits because they can't match the preaching of the giants. I don't think it's healthy.

Sorry if that upsets you.

It doesn't upset me at all.

So, are you saying not to listen to any preaching over the internet? I don't understand your point is all.

Did average preachers of old match Spurgeon and Whitefield and Owen and Bunyan and Luther? (and the list goes on and on) This isn't anything new. If God wants a man behind a pulpit then He will place him there. He isn't restricted by the fact that people are listening to a message by R.C. Sproul or Lloyd Jones.

We can agree to disagree on the matter if need be. I've seen too many of these types of arguments drug out longer than they should be. I won't weigh in anymore on the matter, rather I'll listen and pray over your thoughts. God bless.

They didn't HEAR those men; they read those men. That is a different.

Am I saying don't listen? No. I am saying that I think it has not been a generally helpful trend for the church. Men speaking to their own circumstances and own congregations what God has placed on their lips to say is God's model.

It should not surprise us that this is a struggle. Paul had to contend with Apollos' superior preaching abilities. The problem is not in our "stars" but in ourselves (yes, I know that Shakespeare was talking about fate, not celebrity, but I still like the line).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back