Too Cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
A 3-year-old recites Psalm 23. You can tell she hasn't got the faintest idea what she's saying, but she does a good job, nevertheless. Somehow, she knew about that obscure Hebrew marking that says "inhale booger here":

[video=youtube;D_YVKsajjPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_YVKsajjPA[/video]

"Surely? Surely?"....very cute indeed.

I could do such things as a child, and I couldn't quite make sense out of every phrase...but I'm glad my parents made me do it. :)

That's just awesome. Cute kid.

We sing the Psalms with our kids during Family Worship. Since they can't read yet, we have to sing them for about a month straight before they start memorizing whole stanzas. The great thing is that, by that time, I have the Psalm memorized. I've heard Luther called the Psalms "the entire Bible in a book". It's a great book to commit to memory. I just wish we sang the Psalms more often as a Church. It seems that most interpret the command to sing Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs as singing choruses only.

My 2 year old can sing all of Psalm 23......

She can also sing Psalm 84, Psalm 80, and Psalm 40....

Mind you though on the last 3 psalms that she has only the first stanza down and part of the second stanza with Psalm 84.

She can keep a pretty good tune and key..........

Michael

I forgot to mention that tunes she sings them to...

Psalm 23 to "The Lord's my Shepherd" (Entire Psalm Tune)

Psalm 40 to "Fingal" (Entire Psalm Tune)

Psalm 80 to "Bryn Calfaria" (Entire Psalm Tune)

Psalm 84 to "Llangloffan" (Entire Psalm Tune)

Correction: I think it is suppose to be "Shirley...goodness and mercy."

You know: Like the 3 Gals down the street....:D:D:D

"Surely? Surely?"....very cute indeed.

I could do such things as a child, and I couldn't quite make sense out of every phrase...but I'm glad my parents made me do it. :)

My 3-year old (in picture) walks down the aisles of Wal-Mart singing "Holy, Holy, Holy", Be Thou My Vision, and It is Well. It is the cutest thing. We sing one hymn every week (sometimes for two weeks) in family worship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back