Today's sermons.... nobody doing that anymore? I enjoyed it... so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webservant

Puritan Board Sophomore
Mods feel free to move/merge this... I enjoyed the threads started on "Today's Sermons" - I actually listened to them. Here's ours for today, Sunday, November 10. 2013. Please feel free to add yours:

The Excuse of Moralism

It is a huge church, Pastor! We manage to get there about every 4 to 6 weeks; we've made many good friends there. It's big, but the people are so nice... For those who haven't been to Heritage, imagine a very large "main" church that seats about 800 people. The main pulpit faces that direction. Then picture what's called a chapel, off to the preacher's left, that seats maybe another 200 or so, and a balcony over the main area that seats, oh, 50+. When we attend the 9:15 a.m. and 2 p.m. Lord's Day services (leaving our home at about 6:45 a.m.), we pray that we can make it to Grand Rapids in time so that we can just get a seat. You certainly did bring the Word to those there. We went to the PRTS dinner last night and our friends and other folks seated at our table were all abuzz about how blessed they were by your sermons - and these are people who are very used to hearing powerful sermons.

Margaret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back