To what Denomination do you belong? (LOOK BEFORE YOU CLICK)

To what Denomination do you belong (LOOK BEFORE YOU CLICK)

• OCRC (Orthodox Christian Reformed Church)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FRCNA (Free Reformed Church North America)

• RCA (Reformed Church United States)

• EPC (Evangelical Presbyterian Church)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Romans922

Puritan Board Professor
What denomination do you belong to?

OPC (Orthodox Presbyterian Church)
PCA (Presbyterian Church in America)
ARP (Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church)
EPC (Evangelical Presbyterian Church)
PCUSA (Presbyterian Church United States of America)
RCUS (Reformed Church United States)
URCNA (United Reformed Church North America)
FRCNA (Free Reformed Church North America)
URC (United Reformed Church)
CRC (Christian Reformed Church)
RCA (Reformed Church United States)
BPC (Bible Presbyterian Church)
OCRC (Orthodox Christian Reformed Church)
COS (Church of Scotland)
FCS (Free Church of Scotland)
FCSC (Free Church of Scotland continuing)
RPCUS (Reformed Presbyterian Church United States)
RPCNA (Reformed Presbyterian Church North America)
RPCGA (Reformed Presbyterian Church General Assembly)
ARBCA (Association of Reformed Baptist Church America)
SBC (Southern Baptist Convention)
CCCC (Conservative Congregational Christian Conference)
CBA (Conservative Baptist Association)
PRC (Presbyterian Reformed Church)
Other (DONT CLICK UNLESS YOU CHECK THE LIST AGAIN!)

I'm ordained by a presbytery of the PCA.

As I look at this list, I see a bunch of denominations that are virtually identical. I think the Kingdom of Christ would be better served by at least some of these denominations merging.

I'm ordained by a presbytery of the PCA.

As I look at this list, I see a bunch of denominations that are virtually identical. I think the Kingdom of Christ would be better served by at least some of these denominations merging.

Like all the ones w/ C? Wait, that would leave ARP against the world. OK, how about all the ones with P? Or, all denominations w/ more than 3 letters in their acronym must merge into a denomination with only 3 letters.

Why is the there an URC and URCNA option?

There is an URC in the UK, a apostate merger of former liberal denominations.

With their diverse understanding of confessional subscription and lack of uniformity in worship, it is amazing groups like the PCA and OPC continue as denominations. What is the function of a denomination when a family moving from one city to another may not find a congregation of the same affiliation teaching and worshipping by the recognizable forms of the one from which they are coming? For there to be unity, there must be a common confession, understanding of subscription, ordination vows, and discipline. It is not just a matter of merging organizational structures and denominational bureaucracies.

With their diverse understanding of confessional subscription and lack of uniformity in worship, it is amazing groups like the PCA and OPC continue as denominations. What is the function of a denomination when a family moving from one city to another may not find a congregation of the same affiliation teaching and worshipping by the recognizable forms of the one from which they are coming? For there to be unity, there must be a common confession, understanding of subscription, ordination vows, and discipline. It is not just a matter of merging organizational structures and denominational bureaucracies.

True. But who says I was specifically referencing those two denominations? I'd ardently disagree that for churches to have unity that they must be virtual carbon copies of one another.

I could say I'm an Obnoxious Liberal Devotee to Medieval Arminian Nuttiness, but who would want to hang around me then? :p

Or I could just say I'm a member of the WhIG party...

I laughed at that line somebody had recently with Pipes, Cigars, and Alcohol. I think it got changed to Pipes, Caffeine, and Alcohol.

ARP

Currently attending a CRCNA.

Once retired and back in my hometown will probably be attending a REC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back