Those with children…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was home with 5, but it was hard financially. But, you could have a car and fixer upper house and health insurance on one average income without luxuries. Now that is near impossible at least where we live. Eight years ago we inherited some money and helped three kids with down payments on small affordable houses. Our position is that my older generation has robbed the younger one, and the Federal Reserve Central Bank has significantly destroyed the economy along with the offshoring of over 90% of manufacturing. The way it was in the 70s and 80s is gone.

On top of that who can save, with interest rates at 1.5% and inflation much higher. My generation has destroyed even the retirement of the younger ones. We feel that it is our duty to do what we can to help our kids and just a couple other people....my husband is 70 and still working full time. He is tired way too often and would like to retire but believes the Lord wants him to keep working as long as he can.

I do believe things are going to get much much worse economically. I don't know what to do but pray fervently for God to provide for His people in amazing ways.

Having children definitely puts a strain on the finances. Before I was married, as a young professional, I had my own home, a nice car, a motorcyle, and basically didn't think much about money. Now, I am married with two kids and the money seems to dry up a lot more quickly, especially when you buy a lot of food, diapers and gasoline. Some advice would be, take advantage of thrift stores, and learn to love potatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back