Thomas Boston works now available at RHB - $318

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a great overview by Dr. Myers - it was particularly moving regarding the provenance of his memoir and the comment at the end, that even if he worked in relative obscurity, decades of hard work for the gospel mattered and are demonstrated in these writings.

Agree it is an absolutely beautiful set. Reminds me of a Pulpit Commentary (NT) set I have from one of my late professors, and these copies are actually more than 100 years old. They don't last forever but quality certainly lasts a long time. By the way, here is a plug for making the investment: it is very meaningful to have a set of books with the name stamped inside of someone who impacted you, and though gone, still speaking (Heb. 11:4) - it will mean a lot to whom you leave them.

A wonderful addition to the Puritan literature available to the contemporary church. I look forward to the publishing of the works of Thomas Watson and Samuel Rutherford by RHB, also!

A wonderful addition to the Puritan literature available to the contemporary church. I look forward to the publishing of the works of Thomas Watson and Samuel Rutherford by RHB, also!
We are really excited about these projects as well. There are a lot of exciting releases in the next few years.

Do the works contain the marrow of modern divinity or just Boston's notes on the marrow? I'm trying to work out if I can just purchase the works of Thomas Boston or if I should also buy the marrow separately in order to have a copy of it.

Will individual volumes be made available for purchase or is this going to be as a set only?

I know if I buy it I won't read even a fraction of it - I have to discipline myself better with book buying.

What do you guys like from Boston other than Crook in the Lot, Human Nature in Its Fourfold State, and notes on the Marrow? I am not familiar with his other works. Crook in the Lot is one of my top 5 Christian books and I'm curious what other gems might be lurking out there.

What do you guys like from Boston other than Crook in the Lot, Human Nature in Its Fourfold State, and notes on the Marrow? I am not familiar with his other works. Crook in the Lot is one of my top 5 Christian books and I'm curious what other gems might be lurking out there.
His coverage of the Shorter Catechism in the first 2 volumes. His work on the CoW and CoG. Very all round theologian

If you want to dabble risk free, you can check this site for most of his works and sermons.
(it says Four Fold State, but it is the link to his book section.)

We also have all of these at Project Puritas (the site has an open copyright) if you would like some of them in EPUB or PDF for an E-Reader. No cost, so it wont dent the wallet. This is in no way an attempt to take from RHB's publication. Only to respond to your need, and the seemingly only possibility to buy in a set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back