This is just TOO CUTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I do possess the necessary skills to feed my family, should the need arise. :2cents:

With dogs?

-----Added 12/21/2009 at 08:01:57 EST-----

And just for the record, I am definitely a cat person. Cats just have far more personality than dogs do.

We have several cats... one, whose name is Cuddles, thinks he's a bandit. He's always getting in trouble and automatically acts guilty when you look at him.

Princess, the one indoor cat, lounges around, catches mice, and pesters the indoor dog (Samson, or Sammy for short).

And my personal favorite, Prince Catspian, acts like he's royalty. He always has smooth, silky, well-kept fur, and always acts as if he deserves to be petted. :)

Samson, on the other hand, persistently tries to jump on the couches/chairs/coats/anything else that's soft and on the floor. And, he's often smelly and not at all pleasurable to pet. :)

Remember my oft cited piece of anecdotal evidence: My older dog is a R.C. Sproul fan and "listens" attentively, even tipping his head to one side or the other as R.C. makes his points.

Dogs are far more entertaining, too (of course, I would never want to own this one):

[video=youtube;lvD8WcrdK5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvD8WcrdK5o&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Have you ever noticed there are no stray cats around a Chinese restaurant?

app_full_proxy.php

When I was a boy my collie/shepherd mix, Stormy, was my faithful companion. We swam in the Ramapo River together and explored the woods around my home in Oakland, NJ. One day, as I was riding my bike, a group of teenagers threw rocks at me. One hit me square on the noggin and I fell hard. Stormy made a bee line for the closest kid. She got to him before he reached his porch. She sank her teeth into his ankle before he shook her lose and made it into his house. I don't believe a cat would have come to my defense.

When I was a boy my collie/shepherd mix, Stormy, was my faithful companion. We swam in the Ramapo River together and explored the woods around my home in Oakland, NJ. One day, as I was riding my bike, a group of teenagers threw rocks at me. One hit me square on the noggin and I fell hard. Stormy made a bee line for the closest kid. She got to him before he reached his porch. She sank her teeth into his ankle before he shook her lose and made it into his house. I don't believe a cat would have come to my defense.

Good story. Since I've always had dogs, I have had similar experiences. One cool thing about my old border collie was that she would herd the children away from the stairs. She was very intelligent and went out of her way to keep the kids from danger. A cat would have pushed us down the stairs, stuck our hands in fire, and stolen our lolly pops.

But that border collie was a great dog. Then a black bear came into our large backyard (we lived next to the forest at the time) and the dog fought with it because it came so close to the house. Our dog was ripped up on the sides and when she hobbled back to the house she fell against the sliding glass door with her guts hangin' out and died.

Dogs rock.

There's that mean streak again. Must be Christmas stress.

Wayne does not like cats.
Wayne does not like rats.
Wayne does not have a dog.
Allergies.

As a friend once said, "I would consider a concrete rabbit."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back