Theodorus VanderGroe on the carnality of denying the divine simplicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
The carnal man, who does not know God due to his innate ignorance, and consequently has no understanding regarding the intimate and essential relationship between God’s holy and glorious attributes, separates these attributes one from the other. He subscribes to some of God’s attributes while rejecting others, and in so doing the carnal and natural man subscribes to a God of his own liking who conforms to his foolish imagination.

He subscribes to a God who is only gracious, compassionate, merciful, and longsuffering, but who is not at all holy, truthful, just, etc., and thereby he constructs a God according to his own liking and will. Of such a God, the carnal man has nothing or little to fear, for He is only merciful and gracious, and He very readily forgives sin. This gives a man all the latitude he desires, so that he can live and conduct himself according to the desires of his heart. Oh, wretched ignorance of God! How many a sinner, traversing upon this pathway, will perish eternally! ...

For more, see Theodorus VanderGroe on the carnality of denying the divine simplicity.

Isaiah 46:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back