Theodore Beza on the danger of Islamic rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
But perhaps there will not be wanting those who will furnish the [example of] the authority of the Turkish [Islamic] emperor over his subjects. I should wish these to have their answer in a single word: an empire of that description does not deserve to be called either kingly or human, but wholly barbarous, tyrannical, uncivilized and detestable, ...

For more, see Theodore Beza on the danger of Islamic rule.

But perhaps there will not be wanting those who will furnish the [example of] the authority of the Turkish [Islamic] emperor over his subjects. I should wish these to have their answer in a single word: an empire of that description does not deserve to be called either kingly or human, but wholly barbarous, tyrannical, uncivilized and detestable, ...

I wonder if he’d go to jail in Canada for saying that now.

Sad that some here in America would want to see that happen to us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back