The Twilight Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta go with the one about the little boy that turns that guy into a jack in the box.:lol: Also the one where the lady is considered a freak because she doesn't have a pig face. Classic indeed.:up:

Nightmare at 20,000 Feet (William Shatner)

Time Enough at Last (Burgess Meredith)

Living Doll (Telly Savalas)

Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?

Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up

Is that the one with the old lady trying to destroy a tiny spacecraft and it turns out to be American astronauts?

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Originally posted by Ivan

Is that the one with the old lady trying to destroy a tiny spacecraft and it turns out to be American astronauts?

Here's a synopsis: http://www.scifilm.org/tv/tz/twilightzone2-28.html

Ya know, I may be thinking of an episode of the Outer Limits, the Twilight Zone Wannbe!

I wish such good TV programming was available these days as the Twilight Zone!

Here's a synopsis: http://www.scifilm.org/tv/tz/twilightzone2-28.html

Ya know, I may be thinking of an episode of the Outer Limits, the Twilight Zone Wannbe!

I wish such good TV programming was available these days as the Twilight Zone!

I do too!

P.S. I think you may have in mind this classic episode called "The Invaders": http://www.scifilm.org/tv/tz/twilightzone2-15b.html

[Edited on 1-1-2005 by VirginiaHuguenot]

little girl missing?

Not sure if that is the correct episode title or not but it was the one where the parents of a little girl wake up in the middle of the night to hear their little girl crying but can't find her. They end up finding a hole to the 4th dimmension. Weird to say the least. I always wondered if that is where they got the idea for the movie, "Poltergeist" from.

Originally posted by Keylife_fan
Not sure if that is the correct episode title or not but it was the one where the parents of a little girl wake up in the middle of the night to hear their little girl crying but can't find her. They end up finding a hole to the 4th dimmension. Weird to say the least. I always wondered if that is where they got the idea for the movie, "Poltergeist" from.

Yep, that's a cool episode: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Girl_Lost_(The_Twilight_Zone)

The Howling Man

My #1 favorite episode.

David Ellington is on a walking trip of Europe following WWI when he gets caught in a storm. He finds a remote hermitage, but is turned away. After he passes out, the monks are forced to take him in. After reviving, he hears a howling that the brothers say they do not hear. Following the sound, he comes upon a cell with an old man locked inside. The old man says he is being held captive by Brother Jerome, who is insane. After confronting Brother Jerome, he confesses that he is holding the old man prisoner, but the old man is actually the Devil! Ellington promises to keep this secret, but as soon as he gets a chance, he returns to the cell and releases the old man - who proceeds to transform into the devil and disappears. Shortly after, WWII breaks out. Ellington devotes his life to recapturing the Devil. He finally does recapture the Devil. As he prepares to leave to make arrangements to ship him back to the hermitage, he tells his housekeeper to pay no mind to the howling. But, as soon as he leaves, she lifts the bar on the door, and the door swings open.

http://www.tvtome.com/TwilightZone/season2.html

The Changing of the Guard

Another good episode I liked. Sort of a Wonderful life tribute.
I liked that it sowed how one mans life touched so many without his knowing it.

I loved the episode where two men brought a black box with a button it to a poor family at the end of their financial rope.

Push the button and you get 1 million dollars....BUT someone who you do not know in any way will die.

Well, tehy push it and the men come, give them the money, and take the box. As they leave they assure them the box will be going to someone that they do not know in any way.

Originally posted by houseparent
I loved the episode where two men brought a black box with a button it to a poor family at the end of their financial rope.

Push the button and you get 1 million dollars....BUT someone who you do not know in any way will die.

Well, tehy push it and the men come, give them the money, and take the box. As they leave they assure them the box will be going to someone that they do not know in any way.

I don't think I remember ever seeing that episode. One thing about it though, Rod Serling was good at teaching ethics. :p

examination day

In the far future, twelve-year-old Dickie must pass the government intelligence test. He is very nervous about the outcome of the test but eager to show how smart he is. At the end his parents get the news - Dickie "passed" the test...but the government kills anyone who is too intelligent.

In a futuristic society, a young boy is looking forward to his exams. Everyone has to take them at 12, and he's not worried because he's done some studying. His parents, however, are frantic about it because their son is "different," but try not to show it to him; we are left with the impression that he's not smart enough to pass a test and that something dire happens if he doesn't. They buy him a special present for his birthday, and give it to him early. The next day is the exam, and his father takes him there, but the father can't stay. The parents have to go home and wait till the officials call them with the outcome of the test. The boy is given a truth serum, to make sure he doesn't try and effect the outcome of the test in any way, but he says he would never have cheated anyway. The parents are waiting at home, and they finally receive a phone call from the officials. It's soon apparent why the parents were so worried. The official says that their son was deemed to be too intelligent for their society, and he asks where they would like the body sent.

http://www.steveandmarta.com/new twilight zone/examination_day/exam_synopsis.htm

[Edited on 7-4-2005 by rmwilliamsjr]

Does anybody remember the episode where this guy can look at people who are about to die and see a glow in their faces? Then he sees himself in the mirror. Spooky, one of my favorites.

Anybody else watching the Twilight Zone marathon?

What's your favorite episode?

I used to like watching this show... I think it aired when I grew up watching Nick-at-Nite and TV Land a lot. My favorite episode is No Time Like the Past where an American physicist Paul Driscoll travels backwards in time with the goal of changing the past in order to make the future better. Yep, that is right--he wants to knock off the Fuhrer in 1930s. The chambermaid of the hotel thrawts his attempt. And the time-traveler wrestles the philosophical aspects of it all (the whole confounded space-time continuum problem) after his lack of success at the first time.... he does more time-traveling but for a different reason.

Originally posted by Reformingstudent
My #1 favorite episode.

David Ellington is on a walking trip of Europe following WWI when he gets caught in a storm. He finds a remote hermitage, but is turned away. After he passes out, the monks are forced to take him in. After reviving, he hears a howling that the brothers say they do not hear. Following the sound, he comes upon a cell with an old man locked inside. The old man says he is being held captive by Brother Jerome, who is insane. After confronting Brother Jerome, he confesses that he is holding the old man prisoner, but the old man is actually the Devil! Ellington promises to keep this secret, but as soon as he gets a chance, he returns to the cell and releases the old man - who proceeds to transform into the devil and disappears. Shortly after, WWII breaks out. Ellington devotes his life to recapturing the Devil. He finally does recapture the Devil. As he prepares to leave to make arrangements to ship him back to the hermitage, he tells his housekeeper to pay no mind to the howling. But, as soon as he leaves, she lifts the bar on the door, and the door swings open.

I still haven't seen this episode. I wonder if or when they will show it during this marathon.

Originally posted by Joseph Ringling
My #1 favorite episode.

I still haven't seen this episode. I wonder if or when they will show it during this marathon.

The episode is called "The Howling Man" and according to the Sci Fi channel website it is on the list of scheduled episodes but I'm not certain when it will air.

"The Obsolete Man" with Burgess Meredith. Classic dealing with the issue of existence of God and faith, and the state as messiah.

[Edited on 1-1-2006 by tcalbrecht]

Originally posted by Joseph Ringling
My #1 favorite episode.

The episode is called "The Howling Man" and according to the Sci Fi channel website it is on the list of scheduled episodes but I'm not certain when it will air.

I finally saw it last night.:up:

An occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge!! What a classic. ANybody see this adaptation to Amvrose Bierce's short story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back