The Transformed Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not heard of her and cannot tell doctrine stance from her "about me" (https://thetransformedwife.com/about-2/)
. That is usually a red flag to me. If I believe Reformed just means biblical doctrine, I would be cautious in spending time outside of that for drawing wisdom from.

In her about me, she also says she considers it a ministry of the whole older woman mentoring a younger woman. I do not see how that can be done online, and it I would give me pause to direct my wife towards that when it is outside of our local church and therefore outside of eldero oversight.

I did not read her posts, but the two reasons above make it unlikely for me to dig any deeper.

I read through a few of her writings and thought the info was great and accurate. I did wonder a little bit about maybe some snarkiness in how she was communicating, which seemed a little childish.

My brief read of her Facebook page makes me think she's basically OK. Why not? I'd have to think it's difficult, though, to deal with a public who thinks a woman's facebook page equals preaching!

She may be okay, and sounds like the others who actually checked out her posts generally agree. So maybe read her and keep evaluating what she is saying so you are not just uncritically taking her in?

I really don’t see the point of having your wife learn from a woman who is online. If your wife is young and needs to learn something about housekeeping etc, isn’t there a woman in your church to teach her? If it’s about learning about God, she has you and your church to learn from.

She is the Reformed world's favorite Pelagian. She rejects original sin, Old Adam, and she follows people who believe you can physically beat your kid until the sin is gone. I would say, "Until the sin nature is gone," but she doesn't believe in sin nature.

Is there a single human author for whom this is not true? Every merely human author should be read critically.

Peace,
Alan
I think your question answers itself.

If you are looking for more precision, there would be different levels where I would trust someone more than another and be less critical. I am going to read / listen to a Robert Godfrey differently than a Tim Keller because one I have found more consistent with the confessions and other similarly minded individuals. Or my pastor I would take his exegesis over someone who isn't ordained and I do not know their study habits.

I would be most critical with someone such as the person this thread is discussing for reasons already elaborated.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Is she the one who said that men prefer debt-free non-tattoed virgins to marry?

If so, she is right on this point.

But I dislike women bloggers in general. There is almost always some major theological error they push.

I think every married woman should be like my wife, too busy taking care of me and my kids than to pontificate on Facebook. The Christian world would be better blessed if 90% of the female bloggers would refocus on their homes and keep silent.

Is she the one who said that men prefer debt-free non-tattoed virgins to marry?

If so, she is right on this point.

But I dislike women bloggers in general. There is almost always some major theological error they push.

I think every married woman should be like my wife, too busy taking care of me and my kids than to pontificate on Facebook. The Christian world would be better blessed if 90% of the female bloggers would refocus on their homes and keep silent.
Her children are grown and out of the house.

The Christian world would also be a better place if 90% of male bloggers would refocus on their work and not pontificate on Facebook ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back