The Spirit of Prayer -- Nathanael Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, this treatise by Vincent is one of three found in the Soli Deo Gloria edition of The Puritans on Prayer, which is an excellent compilation. The other two are John Preston's The Saint's Daily Sacrifice (which Dr. Kistler describes as "arguably, the classic Puritan work on prayer") and Samuel Lee's Secret Prayer Successfully Managed.

Is Don Kistler or RHB hoping to republish any of the "Puritans On" series.

I haven't heard, but that would be nice. You might contact RHB directly or perhaps Dr. Kistler might post a response here.

BTW, this treatise by Vincent is one of three found in the Soli Deo Gloria edition of The Puritans on Prayer, which is an excellent compilation. The other two are John Preston's The Saint's Daily Sacrifice (which Dr. Kistler describes as "arguably, the classic Puritan work on prayer") and Samuel Lee's Secret Prayer Successfully Managed.

I haven't heard, but that would be nice. You might contact RHB directly or perhaps Dr. Kistler might post a response here.

I would actually like them to do paperbacks, as Soli Deo Gloria hardbacks were very expensive - especially when you consider that many of them were under 150 pages - which, along with the shipping to the UK - meant you were not getting great value for money. :moneywings:

I would actually like them to do paperbacks, as Soli Deo Gloria hardbacks were very expensive - especially when you consider that many of them were under 150 pages - which, along with the shipping to the UK - meant you were not getting great value for money. :moneywings:

I have one SDG paperback which is quite good: Edward Lawrence's Parent's Concerns for their Unsaved Children.

Soli Deo Gloria is now a division of Reformation Heritage Books. I have nothing to do with their decisions regarding SDG books. As for hardbacks versus paperbacks, I always wanted the books to last for many years, and paperback books do not last more than 8-10 years at best.

UK customers can buy them from distributors there, such as Metropolitan Tabernacle Bookshop in London or Evangelical Bookstore in Belfast. And I always considered the books to be a bargain compared to the cost of finding an original edition.

Soli Deo Gloria is now a division of Reformation Heritage Books. I have nothing to do with their decisions regarding SDG books. As for hardbacks versus paperbacks, I always wanted the books to last for many years, and paperback books do not last more than 8-10 years at best.

UK customers can buy them from distributors there, such as Metropolitan Tabernacle Bookshop in London or Evangelical Bookstore in Belfast. And I always considered the books to be a bargain compared to the cost of finding an original edition.

In SDG's heyday the books really were a bargain when bought from Evangelical Bookshop - I regret not buying more of them.

However, since then the price shot up, so that books which used to cost under 10 pounds were later sold at nearly double the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back