The So-Called English Standard Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading this thread and the only thing I could think of is... either way the argument goes... for me, ignorance is bliss (as I hug the ESV study Bible my husband bought me as my christmas present)....
ok this commercial break is over, carry on.

There is a great deal of wisdom in this post even though it is 'off topic'. Neither side should imply that every Christian must become their own authority in this matter. That is too great a burden. There is nothing wrong with relying on the opinions of your God-given watchmen. I think every thread in the T&M Forum should have this as a disclaimer. (Now this commercial break is over as well.)

Actually the CT (Westcott and Hort) folks started the first attack:

"I had no idea till the last few weeks of the importance of texts, having read so little Greek Testament, and dragged on with the villainous Textus Receptus.. Think of that vile Textus Receptus leaning entirely on late MSS.; it is a blessing there are such early ones" (Hort, Arthur Fenton, Life and letters of Fenton John Anthony Hort, Vol. I, p.211).

Also notice how little these "scholars" read Greek.

THREAD CLOSED.

:surrender:
If you want to listen to the link, please do. But this thread is done. It's really sad that even after warnings, people can't play nice.
:nowork:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back