The Seven Churches Ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von

Puritan Board Sophomore
I know about William Branham's "seven church ages" (in other words that the seven churches of Revelation 2,3 are church ages rather than local congregations or representative of congregations).
I also know that Branham's theology is not exactly considered mainstream.
Question: Does the idea of Seven Church Ages have any proponents in the reformed tradition?

Whoops! The Seven Churches Ages:doh:
Can someone correct that for me?

I know about William Branham's "seven church ages" (in other words that the seven churches of Revelation 2,3 are church ages rather than local congregations or representative of congregations).
I also know that Branham's theology is not exactly considered mainstream.
Question: Does the idea of Seven Church Ages have any proponents in the reformed tradition?

I don't think that that is correct at all. If you want to find out what is going to happen, I would read Daniel 11 and 12, and then revelation 13 through 17. Just like in Daniel's prophecy, no one, not even Daniel, had any idea what these symbols he saw were to indicate. But in time, all was revealed, and it was a great comfort to the wise among the Believers who could discern the times. Revelation, I believe, is a continuation of Daniel's future prophecies that will reveal themselves as time goes by. And again, the righteous shall shine as the sun and turn many to righteousness even under the sufferings that may abound.

Well, that's just a thumbnail for memory. I need to study a lot more myself.

Oops! I just realized I did not answer your question about the reformed tradition. I have to admit that my answer is that I do not know. I should have said that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back