The Sabbath According to the Jews

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabbathKeeper

Puritan Board Freshman
I am trying to study the Sabbath more closely, and as I’m reading some of the puritans and even Thomas Aquinas, I became interested in seeing what the Jews have thought about it over the past 2000 years. Is anyone familiar with the major works that Jewish philosophers or theologians or thinkers have written in the topic of the Sabbath? I’m thinking of something in the vein of Heschel’s the Sabbath or even something Maimonides may have written on the topic. Any advice or redirection would be appreciated!

Welcome to the board. Please fix yourself a signature so folks know a bit about and how to address you. See the link for instructions at the bottom of the page.
I am trying to study the Sabbath more closely, and as I’m reading some of the puritans and even Thomas Aquinas, I became interested in seeing what the Jews have thought about it over the past 2000 years. Is anyone familiar with the major works that Jewish philosophers or theologians or thinkers have written in the topic of the Sabbath? I’m thinking of something in the vein of Heschel’s the Sabbath or even something Maimonides may have written on the topic. Any advice or redirection would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back