The Ruling Elder Blog Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sastark

Puritan Board Graduate
Announcing the first ever Ruling Elder Blog contest! Watch a video (at the link below) and leave a comment. Best comment (critiquing the video) wins! See The Ruling Elder: The First Ever Ruling Elder Blog Contest! for details!

You only have one week to enter. The prize will be a book (I haven't decided which one just yet, but odds are it will be by a Puritan) which I will send to the winner.

The contest is open to all who wish to participate, so feel free to spread the word!

Seth, I couldn't get my comment to post, so could you accept this over here on PB instead of over there? Thanks

Substantive point 1: this is a very clear Enlightenment-driven divorce between fact and experience.

Substantive point 2: the text, message and focus of this false teaching is a donut instead of Jesus Christ. He preaches the donut instead of the Word. This happens because he substituted an illustration for the sermon text.

Substantive point 3: he claims personal direct revelation from the Holy Spirit.

Substantive point 4: he substitutes the kingdom of this world for the kingdom of God.

What follows is my expression of his devotion.

Our Cream, which art in mouth, hallowed by thy name Krispy. Thy kingdom of taste come, thy will of hole-i-ness come, on earth as it certainly will be in heaven. Give us this day our daily Krispy, and forgive us our lack of devotion to Krispy Kreme, as we forgive others who lack this devotion. Lead us not into donutlessness, but deliver us into the temptation of partaking of you. For thine is the money, the intoxicatingly divine taste, and the hole-i-ness forever. Amen.

Lane, I hope you don't mind, but I copied and pasted your post as a comment on my blog post. I, of course, gave you credit. If you prefer me to remove it from my blog, please let me know, but having all the comments in one place will make my life easier.

I'm sorry you were having problems posting a comment. I hope others don't have trouble!

Lane, I hope you don't mind, but I copied and pasted your post as a comment on my blog post. I, of course, gave you credit. If you prefer me to remove it from my blog, please let me know, but having all the comments in one place will make my life easier.

I'm sorry you were having problems posting a comment. I hope others don't have trouble!

No problem at all. Hope you get many entries much better than mine.

Just a friendly bump to remind you all that there are only two days left to post a comment and enter my first ever Ruling Elder Blog contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back