The Reformed Development of Scripture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig.Scott

Puritan Board Freshman
I'm looking for resources, books and articles, on the development of scripture throughout the Reformed church. For example Calvin, Westminster assembly, Warfield.

Of course historical contexts apply too such as the inerrancy of warfield against a liberal backslide.

Any help?

In Christ

I am looking for information on how the doctrine of scripture has developed in the Reformed Church since Calvin. It's an essay question:

"Critically explore the developing doctrine of Scripture in the Reformed tradition"

In Christ

You really need to read volume 2 "Holy Scripture" in Richard Muller's "Post Reformation Reformed Dogmatics". It is superb.

Besides those noted above, Theodore Letis' books, The Ecclesiastical Text: Text Criticism, Biblical Authority and the Popular Mind, and, The Majority Text: Essays and Reviews in the Continuing Debate, are also excellent. He obtained his PhD at the University of Edinburgh so I think his books would be available in your country, at least in some of the good libraries there, and probably at the Univ of Ed. Here in America they are out-of-print and rare, though obtainable through the Interlibrary Loan system and then photocopied. I spoke to the publisher and mentioned that he could put them in pdf and make some brisk sales, and he said he'd contact Letis' widow to work out an arrangement to do that. Letis was an historian of the Biblical texts of the Reformation. I found his books immensely edifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back