The Puritans as racists (Anthony B. Bradley)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black people don’t face injustice in general any more than white people. But if it’s repeated long enough people believe it.

Black people don’t face injustice in general any more than white people. But if it’s repeated long enough people believe it.

Arguably, white people (and others) face more injustice owing to racist diversity quotas, which discriminate in favour of certain privileged minorities.

Arguably, white people (and others) face more injustice owing to racist diversity quotas, which discriminate in favour of certain privileged minorities.
Moving outside of that specific realm, certain sins and lifestyles are also far more favored in this society now as well, while Christians are all "racist, bigot, homophobes".

I don’t know if it’s permitted to cite an article here in its entirety but this article published today in the Founders Journal is outstanding. In a succinct but powerful way Tom Ascol discusses the failure of pastors and others in leadership to denounce CRT as the godless ideology it is. This was in the Aquila Report as well.

At issue is not whether injustices occur, because we know they do. Life is not fair, we shouldn't expect it to be. Injustices prevail in every culture, in every age, among all ethnic groups. What we're being asked to believe is that all of the problems facing the black population in America is expressly due to racism. That is what I have a problem with. I see the same tendencies among the poor white "hill people" as I do in the inner city blacks, as well as the same consequences. The police are more likely to make a random traffic stop of a wild-eyed redneck than a well dressed, "normal" looking person. The reason: more crimes are committed by these wild types than the others. Is that racism/profiling? I try to tell these young people whom we minister to that behaviors bring with them consequences, deserved or not. Carry yourselves well. Don't blame others for your poor decisions and rash behaviors. Take responsibility for yourselves. Don't bear the burden of the rest of your family or community, be your own person. These are all lessons that apply to the inner city as well.

At issue is not whether injustices occur, because we know they do. Life is not fair, we shouldn't expect it to be. Injustices prevail in every culture, in every age, among all ethnic groups. What we're being asked to believe is that all of the problems facing the black population in America is expressly due to racism. That is what I have a problem with. I see the same tendencies among the poor white "hill people" as I do in the inner city blacks, as well as the same consequences. The police are more likely to make a random traffic stop of a wild-eyed redneck than a well dressed, "normal" looking person. The reason: more crimes are committed by these wild types than the others. Is that racism/profiling? I try to tell these young people whom we minister to that behaviors bring with them consequences, deserved or not. Carry yourselves well. Don't blame others for your poor decisions and rash behaviors. Take responsibility for yourselves. Don't bear the burden of the rest of your family or community, be your own person. These are all lessons that apply to the inner city as well.
I have heard the comparison (between inner city blacks and Appalachian poor whites) made before, and the cultural parallel holds strong, but with one striking distinction: the black murder rate is way beyond any other ethnic/cultural group in the US. Any ideas what accounts for that? I know the mountain folk of Appalachia used to be quite the murderous bunch themselves, so it's interesting to consider what happened.

I have heard the comparison (between inner city blacks and Appalachian poor whites) made before, and the cultural parallel holds strong, but with one striking distinction: the black murder rate is way beyond any other ethnic/cultural group in the US. Any ideas what accounts for that? I know the mountain folk of Appalachia used to be quite the murderous bunch themselves, so it's interesting to consider what happened.
1. Law and order consequences. While many are still very violent, they may stop just short of murder.
2. Less compacted, more spread out. Poor blacks are localized in sections of cities, living on top of one another. Poor Appalachians are spread out through the hills and "hollers."
3. Ongoing enabling by progressive excuse makers have withheld the necessary societal pressures that deter certain activities. Think about this: white redneck behaviors are mocked and ridiculed by the majority of the population, while the same behaviors in the black community are glorified through popular culture, rap music, and the constant drumbeat of social justice warriors. Nobody is marching in the streets to validate or excuse the poor behavior of rednecks who flaunt the law, but they are burning cities for the inner city blacks.
Not all of the white poor people born in Appalachia continue in the cultural malaise into which they were born. Additionally, there is little pressure for them to do so. By comparison, there is immense pressure among poor blacks to be "authentic," i.e. to continue to act a certain way regardless of the hindrances to getting ahead. Through the inner societal pressures, the negative behavior patterns continue unabated for longer than it should.
I'm sure Dr. Sowell is going to enlighten me more as I read his essays, but this has been my experience and result of social study.

1. Law and order consequences. While many are still very violent, they may stop just short of murder.
2. Less compacted, more spread out. Poor blacks are localized in sections of cities, living on top of one another. Poor Appalachians are spread out through the hills and "hollers."
3. Ongoing enabling by progressive excuse makers have withheld the necessary societal pressures that deter certain activities. Think about this: white redneck behaviors are mocked and ridiculed by the majority of the population, while the same behaviors in the black community are glorified through popular culture, rap music, and the constant drumbeat of social justice warriors. Nobody is marching in the streets to validate or excuse the poor behavior of rednecks who flaunt the law, but they are burning cities for the inner city blacks.
Not all of the white poor people born in Appalachia continue in the cultural malaise into which they were born. Additionally, there is little pressure for them to do so. By comparison, there is immense pressure among poor blacks to be "authentic," i.e. to continue to act a certain way regardless of the hindrances to getting ahead. Through the inner societal pressures, the negative behavior patterns continue unabated for longer than it should.
I'm sure Dr. Sowell is going to enlighten me more as I read his essays, but this has been my experience and result of social study.
You should read Life at the Bottom by Theodore Dalrymple. He shows the mentality of the white British underclass; nearly identical to ghetto life here.

I second recommendations to read Anthony Daniels aka Dalrymple. Despite being a trained psychiatrist, he’s not very prescriptive after his analyses.

I recommend this essay about Sowell by Coleman Hughes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back