The proper name of the Lord's Day is not Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
The names of the days and months, to me, fall under the category of those things which are common to societies and for the orderly functioning of daily life we must submit to. Unless we have Scriptural injunction otherwise. Here we do: we have two names specifically given to the first day of the week in Scripture. We should use them instead of the clearly pagan "sunday".
Again, whence do you draw this principle? Where is this "injunction" which you speak of?

I will say that as I have grown more in my understanding of Reformed theology I have naturally gravitated to speaking of Sunday as The Lord's Day. It's nice to see that others have benefited from this practice. I honestly haven't even given it any thought at all until I read this thread. Very fascinating!

I think that is a good place to end this as things are becoming circular and don't need to be repeated.
I will say that as I have grown more in my understanding of Reformed theology I have naturally gravitated to speaking of Sunday as The Lord's Day. It's nice to see that others have benefited from this practice. I honestly haven't even given it any thought at all until I read this thread. Very fascinating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back