The Practice of Piety - Amplified with Notes by the Author - eBook & Hardback

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
The greatest Christian manual outside the Bible is now in a new eBook form. It's been updated to fix various scripture references that were wrong in the older versions (like 1 John 8) and it has been published with hundreds of footnotes which where added in by Lewis Bayly. There are hundreds of footnotes, with Greek, Hebrew, and Latin quotes, including instructions by Bayly in a number of chapters enhancing the manual. This is a classic work, now updated and republished as it was at the end of the 17th century (but in modern English).

Not a scan, not a facsimile. Retyped, edited and updated.

eBook package:
The Practice of Peity: Amplified with Notes by the Author - by Lewis Bayly (1565-1631) The Puritan Shop

Kindle Download:
Amazon.com: The Practice of Peity: Amplified with Notes by the Author eBook: Lewis Bayly: Kindle Store

Hardback Edition (400 pages)
The Practice of Piety: Amplified with Notes by the Author by Lewis Bayly (Hardcover)

View attachment 2862

Thank you for putting it in eBook form. I have been wanting to read this for years. Never did get around to buying it till now. Started reading, I'm enjoying the beginning on the Trinity. The Latin notes are a little much for me not knowing Latin.

Its taken a long time to get that one completed. The notes were a bear. 4 editors later, I continue to believe it is one of the best books I own. And being in electronic form is priceless.
I don't know Latin myself, but Bayly noted quite a bit that way. He was a scholar as well as practical.

Bayly's work had gone through 70 editions by 1800. It was one of the most widely read books in print. It is eminently practical and could be read by any Christian, and be not only helpful, but impacting in their daily walk. I know of few books in Christendom that have been vigorously reprinted so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back