The Pledge of Allegiance

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is only true if the magistrates law requires you to break God's law. It is sinful to fail to submit to the magistrates law where it does not require you to break God's law. The magistrate passing a law on ALL citizens to reduce electrically amplified noise is not sinful in itself.

Okay, but this is an important question. We need Christians on both ends in the USA. I would suspect their were likely some Christians on the council.

Ironically, would not the RPCNA and the RPCGA condemn a church for taking advantage of government tax breaks or government funding? This is what I keep wrestling with...the practical out-workings just seem impossible.

I do have just a few thoughts on the last point here.

I would need to research what the RPCNA thinks on that matter, and why. I'm in the dark.

However, we are living with a society that has tried the experiment of remaining neutral toward God. We are 60,000,000 babies in the hole, we trust none of our politicians (for well-grounded reasons) our prison system is expensive and burdensome and counterproductive, and our legal code nearly reaches to the moon in its length--of which the tax code is probably half of it. We have classes of people who will not work because the govt pays them not to. We cannot get Roe v Wade overturned after near 50 years, and Obergfell is not going anywhere. Despite our economic prosperity (which is built on being the world bully and not paying what we owe), and other symptoms of latent tyranny, it vexes the soul of a Christian to live here. However, we don't complain about impossibilities because we learned to live with them.

We tried this experiment of being neutral toward God. It is a failure. I say, why not give a different outlook another go? I'd rather deal with the complexities of a Westminster view than the difficulties imposed by our current system.

Might start dwindling my responses after this. Good discussion :)

Last edited:
I do have just a few thoughts on the last point here.

I would need to research what the RPCNA thinks on that matter, and why. I'm in the dark.

However, we are living with a society that has tried the experiment of remaining neutral toward God. We are 60,000,000 babies in the hole, we trust none of our politicians (for well-grounded reasons) our prison system is expensive and burdensome and counterproductive, and our legal code nearly reaches to the moon in its length--of which the tax code is probably half of it. We have classes of people who will not work because the govt pays them not to. We cannot get Roe v Wade overturned after near 50 years, and Obergfell is not going anywhere. Despite our economic prosperity (which is built on being the world bully and not paying what we owe), and other symptoms of latent tyranny, it vexes the soul of a Christian to live here. However, we don't complain about impossibilities because we learned to live with them.

We tried this experiment of being neutral toward God. It is a failure. I say, why not give a different outlook another go? I'd rathercdeal with the complexities of a Westminster view than the difficulties imposed by our current system.

Might start dwindling my responses after this. Good discussion :)
Jake these are all great observations. I think we agree on what our government should do, which basically amounts to the government needing to bow to Christ alone and uphold the 10 Commandments.

Our prayers are likely the same on this matter as well! We only differ on some of the methods we think permissible for Christians to take action in a USA context (ex. Voting).

Thanks for discussion!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back