The PB is not going to be very active tonight because

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean to imply everyone who doesn't watch it has some righteous indignation against it but past threads on the show have been interesting. I am not into it as I was years ago but like to watch it and try to predict the winner. The best I've ever done is calling Carrie Underwood the winner from her first audition.

Of course she won. She's an Underwood!

Wow, you missed some long discussions. I can't recall all the "issues" many had but it starts with the "title" of the show and just goes and goes from there. I'm with you, I think it's generally entertaining.
Will your friend be competing again this year?

I wish but it was like pulling teeth to get her to try out last year. Not sure if this will show but if it does this is her singing "At Last"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_irOMpjcNZA"]YouTube - Arielle Simoncelli[/ame]

*shrug* I don't really get the derision being aimed at the show. I (generally) enjoy it.

Wow, you missed some long discussions. I can't recall all the "issues" many had but it starts with the "title" of the show and just goes and goes from there. I'm with you, I think it's generally entertaining.

If watching people of questionable talent (for the most part) getting ripped to shreds by the judge panel, then I suppose you could call that entertainment. (of course I don't think watching people get beaten to shreds in MMA is particularly worthwhile either!)

-----Added 1/13/2009 at 08:24:14 EST-----

American Idol?

Uhhhh, Ummm, I think I feel.... Urrrggghhh :barfy:

I need a bucket?

Teaching catechism to the youth of my church.

Come to think of it, I'd rather go to the dentist than watch American Idol.

:lol: Amen! There are much better things to do! Like... pulling your own teeth, cleaning out toe jam, digging a ditch... the list goes on.

This post is my proof that I am not watching.

Im hoping that next week Jack Bauer eliminates the threat to America that the american idol show is. Possibly a tactical strike by Jack and Tony? :think:

I've heard Paula Abdul (sp?) wasn't going to be on the show this season. Who took her place?

Lol

I was wondering if you were going to catch that one, Adam, I thought of you--and our old friend Scott B. with that comment--I'm partially with you there too, I'm not that into fighting, so, I prefer MMA on a rare occasion, but do enjoy the skill of battle.

:)

Hey Adam, I'm sending you an IM, got a great little devotional today, I think you'll like.

In all of its run, I have NEVER seen a single episode, merely commercials for it.

Guess I'm just culturally illiterate.

American Idol? Sounds like the worship of a false god.

Never seen the program...except for the ads, of course.

Teaching catechism to the youth of my church.

Come to think of it, I'd rather go to the dentist than watch American Idol.

:lol: Amen! There are much better things to do! Like... pulling your own teeth, cleaning out toe jam, digging a ditch... the list goes on.

Coming next season, the brand new hit show.... American Dentist!

16 young hopefuls, all with questionable natural ability and no dental training, attempt to pull teeth from unsuspecting volunteers, before having their performances evaluated by our three celebrity dentists.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, they'll writhe in agony as our beginner dental surgeons make hilarious amatuer mistakes!

Coming the following season... American Lawsuit!

I was wondering if you were going to catch that one, Adam, I thought of you--and our old friend Scott B. with that comment--I'm partially with you there too, I'm not that into fighting, so, I prefer MMA on a rare occasion, but do enjoy the skill of battle.

:)

Hey Adam, I'm sending you an IM, got a great little devotional today, I think you'll like.

LOVED that devotional, thanks!

AI is a talent show program simple as that. The bad singers need to be told they are bad singers by someone. The name I could do without but I don't believe they honestly feel the winner should be worshiped. Words have different meanings and an "idol" in sports, music, etc. is simply one that is highly respected for their talent. Though again, I wouldn't use that word to express that personally.

MMA is a SPORT that is highly regulated and controlled, much of the brutality has been taken out of it and in all honesty the lighter gloves leading to more knockouts than boxing actually SAVES the one being knocked out from further damage many boxers sustain.

-----Added 1/14/2009 at 03:34:45 EST-----

Ok, for those that watched it, did you see the girl who sang "At Last" and was accepted through to Hollywood? Now, watch the video of Arielle I posted in this thread singing that song and tell me she's not WAY better than that girl.

Coming next season, the brand new hit show.... American Dentist!

16 young hopefuls, all with questionable natural ability and no dental training, attempt to pull teeth from unsuspecting volunteers, before having their performances evaluated by our three celebrity dentists.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, they'll writhe in agony as our beginner dental surgeons make hilarious amatuer mistakes!

Coming the following season... American Lawsuit!

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back