The Official God Worship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenas

Snow Miser
Are there any out there who have not apostatized and given themselves over to worship of American Idol or, now apparently, Lost?

(Kidding TV watchers) :p

I was thinking the same thing.

I don't mind watching a singing competition, but I don't care for the name "American Idol" and I especially don't consider myself part of "Idol worship." *shudder*

Believe it or not....

I've never seen a single episode of American Idol or Lost.

When I watch tv I usually watch the History Channel, HGTV, Food Network, or Animal Planet.

I watch AxMen, Ice Road Truckers, and Deadliest Catch so I can learn new words, and new ways to use them. :lol:

Believe it or not....

I've never seen a single episode of American Idol or Lost.

When I watch tv I usually watch the History Channel, HGTV, Food Network, or Animal Planet.

I've never seen Lost, either. But people ask if we're fans because our daughter is named Evangeline. (My brother suggested the middle name Lily for our Evangeline. I didn't know there was an actress named Evangeline Lily and I was like, "Oh that sounds so pretty!" Thankfully his wife clued me in! So we went with my brother's name for her middle name--Evangeline Ryan.)

Anything I hear from another room that sounds like this --

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGH

beat beat beat (scary background music)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH

I am very unlikely to watch. I have heard both programs from another room; hence, my non-watching of them.

I have no television. I used to be an addict, but I never sank as low as Lost or American Idol :D

I tried to watch Lost. I could make it for more that 10 minutes. I've only watched American Idol when I had a familial connection to it, and then I only watched when she was singing. I really can't stand the show.

I've never watched Lost, and I can't stand American Idol. I saw a bit of American Idol once when I was waiting for my daughter at a friend's house. That turned me off of it for good.

I don't have time to watch TV, I'm on PB too much as it is!

-----Added 3/5/2009 at 11:37:32 EST-----

I do have a confession to make, though. I haven't missed an episode of Monk in years (if we aren't home, we record it.)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGH

I am very unlikely to watch. I have heard both programs from another room; hence, my non-watching of them.

I have no idea what you're talking about but that almost sounds like the beginning of the Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin. :detective:

I don't watch either. Actually, I watch very little TV.

I make exceptions for MythBusters and quality sci-fi. (Star Trek: Enterprise is NOT quality sci-fi.)

I make exceptions for MythBusters and quality sci-fi. (Star Trek: Enterprise is NOT quality sci-fi.)

How true! Star Trek Voyager is the way to go!!!!!!

How true! Star Trek Voyager is the way to go!!!!!!

Yeah, Voyager is a lot closer to the founder's original vision than the other series. It has more exploration and discovery than TNG/DS9... and Enterprise is basically a new sci-fi program that bills itself as "Star Trek". It's like calling Geisler a Calvinist.

See, I can apply theology to anything! :lol:

I don't watch either one..

I watch Monk, NCIS, House and 24, I also watch C-Span, the History Channel, the food network..basically I flip the channels till I find something that looks interesting..

But I am not so addicted to any of them that if I miss them I record them to watch later, If I catch the re-run okay, if I don't that's okay too...

I don't really watch much TV. When I do it is Fox News, Military Channel, Food Network, BBC (only a few shows on there though! You Are What you Eat and How Clean is Your House? are great shows :D ), and maybe Nat. Geographic. Survivorman rewlz.

But I am not so addicted to any of them that if I miss them I record them to watch later, If I catch the re-run okay, if I don't that's okay too...

I'm a recording machine. My DVR is recording something every day, whether it be a favorite show or a movie I've never seen. I hate channel flipping, so when I sit down to watch TV I want to watch what I want to watch, and without commercials. I don't watch anything live.

-----Added 3/5/2009 at 12:00:44 EST-----

BBC (only a few shows on there though! You Are What you Eat and How Clean is Your House? are great shows :D ),

If you're going to watch BBC, you HAVE to watch Top Gear.

I have no idea what you're talking about but that almost sounds like the beginning of the Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin. :detective:

Thanks Andrew, I'll know now to avoid that song :). I didn't mean to be obscure: I just don't react well to loud screams and scary background music -- Ruben uses headphones to watch 24 etc. as he knows I will be a wreck if I hear people screaming under torture. Thus my aversion to American Idol :) The only episodes I've heard of Lost also involved a lot of screaming.

You know I have seen a little bit of one episode of Top Gear and it was pretty cool. I just didn't make note of what time of day/what day of the week that was. Do you know?

Ruben uses headphones to watch 24 etc. as he knows I will be a wreck if I hear people screaming under torture. Thus my aversion to American Idol :)

:lol: That was funny! And I've never seen 24, so I don't know about this terrible screaming of which you speak. That doesn't sound like my kind of show; I prefer light-heartedness, laughter, comedy, etc. For whatever reason I just don't find enjoyment in the horrible pain of others. :think: Is that bad?

You know I have seen a little bit of one episode of Top Gear and it was pretty cool. I just didn't make note of what time of day/what day of the week that was. Do you know?

There are two episodes every Monday evening. One is "new" and the other is generally a rerun from the previous week.

That's just inhuman Andrew :).

More seriously: I agree. I can't separate pain presented to my senses so vividly as tv can present it, from reality enough to deal with shows like that. But a lot of people can make that sort of distinction, so I understand that for instance R has no enjoyment of other people's sufferings but can still tolerate things I can't in a movie.

I want to worship God too!

I don't watch TV at all on my own. For some reason what passes as comedy anymore makes me cringe or be disgusted. Even years ago I found the program Seinfeld absolutely uncomfortable to watch. And dramas usually have too much immorality for me to be comfortable. I watched the first season of Top Chef, but I don't like reality programs much either. American Idol just gets on my nerves. Not that I don't regularly hear American Idol. The computer room is near the living room and my mom never misses an episode.

I can't really say I never watch TV at all because sometimes I'm in the room when someone turns one on. And sometimes my husband turns on TBN just to get a rise out of me. That or the Roman Catholic channel.

Though I do watch a couple of anime shows that are on TV in Japan on the net. Naruto and Bleach. But I haven't felt like that lately. I'm starting to lose interest.

Not that I use my time productively. I am very good at wasting time on the computer. I think I practically have the Snopes site memorized. And I like listening to music online.

Anyway... I'm all for this new worshipping God thing! When is it on?

I don't like TV, really, besides perhaps The Simpsons, although I only liked the first ten seasons or so, and I haven't watched an episode in a long time. I mostly either spend ime on the intewebz or do homework or read or skate or hang out with friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back